variable questions

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
if i use a variable with an index of array of 1, and triggers use that variable to higher arrays will they work correctly?

Napenthe

Reaction score
Seems to me that I've seen people post triggers with custom scripts that do that. I think the gui requires you refer to a specific variable index any time you reference an array variable.

Here's an example from Tinki3's "creep revival system". It starts with Creep_X[1] and Creep_Y[1]
:
Trigger:
  • Creep Revival System Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Integer
          • Custom script: set udg_Creep_X[udg_Integer] = GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())
          • Custom script: set udg_Creep_Y[udg_Integer] = GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())

This creates an index of Creep_X and Creep_y for each creep on the map and set's it to their x and y offsets (and sets the unit's custom value to the integer variable for later reference).

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
that isnt what i meant... if you create a variable and mark array and leave it as 1... can you use more than just index 1?

Napenthe

Reaction score
that's what it does. It starts with Array[1] and adds index's as new ones are needed. Guess i don't understand the question. Maybe give an example of where you would use the variable.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
He's just asking if arrays need to be set higher than 1 for higher index integers to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.