Video editing

SkeletalVamp

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if someone could name a movie editor which is capable of editing MP4 Video Files, which is the type of file my camera records, because windows movie maker doesn't recognize the filetype and WMM sucks anyways.
Thank you

SkeletalVamp

Cool Member
Reaction score
I got a Premier Trial and it did not work.. I guess I'll have to see if I can get a Sony Vegas trial

Exfiltrate

Reaction score
Lots of them

Imovie, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro, and many more.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I use Sony Vegas (for editing) Adobe After Effects (for extreme editing or more accurate editing) and Virtual Dub (for compression)

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I use Sony Vegas.

It's not easy to edit movies like what you see in the movies. If you're not into "special effects" editing, and you're aiming for something simple, then this probably isn't worth your time. A very long learning curve (knowing everything in Sony Vegas requires months of casual use).

You can always convert the videos to AVI or WMV, so that you can use Windows Movie Maker to edit.

Format Factory is my favorite converter. The recent versions are sort of bugged though.

SkeletalVamp

Cool Member
Reaction score
thanks for the ideas, it's really just some simple homevid editing not something i would spend hundreds of dollars on, I guess i will just convert it and use WMM
Thank You all:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.