Vista 32-bit Problems

Drabstar

Reaction score
Hello TheHelper people, I seem to have problems running vista correctly on my computer.

The first problem is that It seems to lock occasionally and show's errors when playing games, such as Half-life2, and yes, even Warcraft 3.
When it locked down, I can't do anything but shut it off manually which I hate doing. I start windows normally and it run just fine, no errors (as I can see) and I do what I do normally and play games or surf the internet.
Then, all of the sudden I just right clicked to refreash and it... freezes... and I couldn't do nothing for 15 minutes, therefore I restarted manually.
If you guys need more information just ask, I tried my best to give a decent explination, but I don't know what is actually causing it.

As for my second problem, I seem to have problem keeping my Page File low.
It's rages from 850 - 1,000, which is crazy if you ask me. I have 4 Gigs or ram, but jesus, even 400 - 500 is alot according to some people.
I've tried MSCONFIG but I don't know which programs I can disable (I know which is my Anti-virus) I just don't want to screw up my computer.

Thanks again TheHelper.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
maybe you should consider updating your drivers.

most common reasons to bluescreens and freezes are drivers

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've tried MSCONFIG but I don't know which programs I can disable (I know which is my Anti-virus) I just don't want to screw up my computer.

Search the process names in google and see what it says they do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.