Wait game time or wait time ?

Kuberr24

Reaction score
Just wondering, what are the (dis)advantages of both?

It seems to me wait gametime is always better, if you want to time certain effects properly, whereas normal waits might cause a slight error when someone is lagging out.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Yeah, as far as I know, you are pretty much right.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
True, thats why I always has and always will use the "Wait", not the "Wait (Game-Time)". But, thats me though. I can also say why. When you are in trigger editor and adding a function it is only one click on the key "W", to get to the Wait, and two click to the Wait (game time). :)

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
wait (game time) is based upon the "game clock."
meaning, the game time is faster than real time if the gamespeed is fast and vice versa.

wait (time) is real time.

i think that wait (game time) is better used with abilities and wait (time) is better used in calculations.

-
thehelperTripleAnimatedUB.gif

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> wait (game time) is based upon the "game clock."

No. It means number of REAL seconds, that the game is being played - thus it will not count lags, pauses etc.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> wait (game time) is based upon the "game clock."
No, it has nothing to do with the game clock, please don't say things unless you're sure about them. This is causing a lot of confusion around.

As for the original question - wait (game time) is better for everything except for short waits (less than one second).
The difference between the two is that wait (game time) starts a timer and then keeps creating many short standard waits (0.1 seconds) until that timer expires. As you already said this is better when players are lagging as normal wait generally cannot be paused when that happens. Wait (game time) can since it will simply stop between two normal 0.1 second waits it produced when someone lags.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.