Want Friendly Units to Turn Hostile If Their Path is Blocked...

Dangime

Reaction score
Hi, serveral of you have probably played Civilization Wars by now, if not you might be able to help me anyway. Recently I've been trying to solve the problem of players making enclosures out of buildings which capture and hold multiple waves of friendly creeps, only to release them later by destroying a structure unleashing an unnaturally strong wave of troops.

I have a simply unit killer that prevents the most gross abuse of this, by killing any unit older than 180 seconds old, but it still provides room for abuse early in the game.

What I would like to do is find a way for the allied units to become hostile if they are blocked and cannot signifigantly move or fight for 30 seconds, and target a random nearby structure in an attempt to create a path similar to the way creeps act on some tower defenses when players make too many towers and seal off the lane entirely. Right now I haven't been able to come up with much that doesn't require tons of events, flags, and multiple copies and variables for serveral regions on the map, which isn't very reilable anyway. Any advice would be appreciated.

1337D00D

In the tower defenses, the hostile creeps are ordered to move somewhere, and if their path is blocked, they stop the move order and then begin attacking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.