War3 problems on Vista Ultimate

Beriadan

Reaction score
I made .ISO copies of my discs and emailed them to a friend of my who I'm getting into Warcraft. She has Vista Ultimate on hers and I have XP SP3. I point her to the proper program to install the ISOs and everything is working great, until she tries to play the game. the Disc themselves belong to my father who bought them when the game was new, and I've had them since he got bored of the game. (impossible, I think) She really wants to play and I can bring her here so you can talk to her directly, but we already tried telling the program to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP, and she has Admin privileges.

- Beriadan

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
why not just download the installer from blizzard instead and give that instead of making discs and then giving her the disks? I would imagine that the disks have some sort of protection on them to prevent exactly that

and if the above does not work, where exactly do you get an error and what does it say?

ShadowclawFC

Reaction score
The error I get says to make sure the disc is in the CD-Rom drive, yet the disc is in the drive. Yet everything installed perfectly from the discs and everything.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The error I get says to make sure the disc is in the CD-Rom drive, yet the disc is in the drive. Yet everything installed perfectly from the discs and everything.

If the discs are mounted through a program, it should get it as being there, but if that doesn't work, patch the game.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. As Ren said, it's probably a patch issue. And since Wc3 comes with a non-cd patch, why don't you just borrow her your disks? Seems much easier. Might be something fishy with your .ISO-copies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.