Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradleo

Reaction score
You could have the clouds all normal at the start, and then have teams capture them. The clouds could be tinted so you know what team has captured it, but idk. You could also give buffs on terrain and then have the mages change terrain (sorry if I suggested this before, but I forget things).

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey I have an idea!!! Since controlling clouds sounds a bit impossible for a normal race, how about Gnomish Weather Machines? Heavily guarded, these can cause meteor showers, storms, earthquakes, you name it.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Hey I have an idea!!! Since controlling clouds sounds a bit impossible for a normal race, how about Gnomish Weather Machines? Heavily guarded, these can cause meteor showers, storms, earthquakes, you name it.

Great idea, we could make small gnome tanks that can't attack and can control different aspects of weather. Like it has 3 ability's that are toggled. One is "Attract Clouds" and it puts a magnetic pull on all nearby clouds. This magnetic pull can be stacked with other machines. Another one could be "Alter Wind" which allows you to slowly change the wind direction to the direction your tank is facing. And the last could be "Collect Vapour" which makes it unable to move and slowly collects vapour from the air. After a while the tank makes a puff of vapour and it rises in the air and slowly makes a cloud. It continues to make clouds until it is toggled off of the ability.

The Night Elf Weather unit could be able to make clouds do a certain weather effect, so different races can alter different aspects of weather.

wc3shady

Reaction score
No, no, what I mean is as neutral buildings! Like a building with a tesla coil built on top, guarded by tons of creeps, and you can capture it to control the weather.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
No, no, what I mean is as neutral buildings! Like a building with a tesla coil built on top, guarded by tons of creeps, and you can capture it to control the weather.

Wow even better idea! That could make creeping more interesting, maybe it can be guarded by creep weather casters and stuff. :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
So will players be able to control the clouds and put them wherever they want? It could get pretty obnoxious if you did that, because players would just put extreme weather over enemy bases and destroy them, and you can't exactly kill clouds to stop them.

EDIT: If players didn't have any weather controlling method, they would be fucked, so you might want to put something in the town hall that disperses clouds or something.

bradleo

Reaction score
Thats much better than my idea, but you should be able to hire weather casters from the said building too. Then say you could have the gnomish weather vehicle be trained from it and have them both in the game. Also have spell casters with weather spells, heres my ideas:

Acid Rain-Cloud, Healing Rain-Cloud, Raining Blood-Cloud(Mass Bloodlust?), Flood-Cloud(Mass slow?), Storm-Cloud(Random 50hp damage to units), Darkness-Cloud(Low defence?), Tornado-Cloud(Knockback or weaker Naga ultimate), THIS ONE IS THE FUNNIEST ONE...Raining Frogs-Cloud (Mass Hex/Poly)

I could think of more but i don't want too right now. You could add a building requiring teir 3 that is a weaker form of the captureable one, maybe all it would have was push/pull clouds.

wc3shady

Reaction score
I have an idea. They dont need different clouds, thats boring. Earthquake, Meteors, Storms, Rain, Tidal Waves if water nearby, etc etc. BUT the weather machine has to channel each ability, and after you use one they all have a global cooldown so you have to use them in moderation.

EDIT

By the way, for races, you should only add units that would have a good purpose. Obsidian Flesh Wagon is good (except the flesh wagon part makes no since, just call it an Obsidian Wagon or Obsidian Cannon), so is the Basilisk. Now the Nerubian Guards, now that I think about it, the undead are all about massing units, not big guard units. Its what makes them unique. Make a different Nerubian. Also with the Skeletal Warrior/Undead Archer, you can already suummon Skeletal Warriors, Undead Archers maybe. You already have Ghouls that gather wood, maybe the Undead Archers could stay (but seriously rename them Skeletal Archers), maybe you can add zombies? the Graveyard could have an ability where they make a ton of zombies. Also, undead towers are already very good, so they dont need much more of a defense.

Also,
NOTE: I am not working on this, im just putting this idea out so that when i do start on it, ive got some followers. Well enjoy! Also tell me if any of the lore is wrong, im a noob with deep Warcraft lore (haven't read the books) but i do know a fair bit.
, delete this lol.

And any comments on this post of mine (didnt get a reply):
Hey I have an idea for Humans... seeing as how the Blood Elves left the Alliance in WC3 TFT and there are barely any High Elves, you should get rid of some of the elf units like the Spellbreaker, and make the Dwarven Warrior the new anti magic class. Call it a Dwarven Runebreaker, with the abilities Rune of Magic Warding (Your Magic Defense Ability), and Runic Attack (Does 3x damage to summoned units, for the ability you could just use a 100% chance unit version of critical strike made to only hit summoned units).

You could make like a Battle Mage to replace spellbreaker. Or, if that time hero was human, you could make a time mage or something.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Nah cooldowns are gay. Instead have a timer on each machine. If they try to cast too soon their machine will overheat and explode. Causing some damage to nearby units of any type.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Wait, so that's like a cooldown, except you can cast it before the cooldown ends but if you do it will screw up?

BTW I updated my last post

kingbdogz

Reaction score
So....when is the beta coming out?

Once i get this weather system working ill put a small alpha out, alot of things still need to be worked on though. Especially since there is not alot of content to even release a demo. Keep those ideas coming guys, when this weather system is finished ill put up a pre alpha.

captainrads

Reaction score
Once again, I agree with wc3shady about the race thing; some units seem a bit out of place and unnecessary, and zombies are awesome(he didn't say that, but I sure as hell did). Zombies would probably have disease cloud and cannibalize, sort of a weaker, massable abomination.

EDIT: You probably don't need nerubian guards either since the undead already have a tanking ground and ranged/air unit. However, I personally would like to see something else nerubian added to the undead...like...well, I'll get back to you on that one.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ok ill change the Warrior to a zombie. How about replacing the Guard with a nerubian spell caster, that has not been done yet and would hold some interesting spells and ability's. Heres an upgraded ability I thought of, it's for the abomination. Every time the abomination kills an organic unit, it gains "meat" buffs which start off at 5% and can grow to 100%. When the abomination dies, every 25% = 1 corpse and if it has 50% it will drop two extra corpses. This is a small upgrade but can aid ghouls in battle. The downside is if your enemy is undead they can eat those corpses too.

wc3shady

Reaction score
hey thats a good idea. How about you use Nerubian Viziers as the new spellcaster? wowwiki them

captainrads

Reaction score
I dig all of it, although I have no idea what the nerubian mage thing does...wowwiki just says something about them being advisors rising to power, nothing about abilities, but they do look pretty damn cool. The only problem with using them would be that they're rumored to be trying to destroy the scourge, meaning that they wouldn't be aiding them.

EDIT: You say the abom buff will aid ghouls, but don't forget that aboms have cannibalize too. Plus, corpses are useful for necromancers too...and animate dead...and a lot of stuff for the undead.

bradleo

Reaction score
Except that anything can happen in lore with enough story... just have some of the mages get converted by frostmourne if its on lich kings side or join forsaken on their side against scourge, depends on which undead you were making, i forgot.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah you got me there, you pretty much can do whatever the hell you want as long as there's a decent transition. I'd think they would be undead nerubians though, it would be the easiest to explain...like they're just a different variation of crypt fiends, but they're casters...although I still don't know what they would have as far as spells go...maybe like a web armor ability, sort of like frost armor but it makes enemies sticky instead of cold? I don't know.

bradleo

Reaction score
Or how about making a web wall between a unit and them, that would be channeling like say life drain, it webs the target and any unit that crosses the string gets stuck. Prolly hard to trigger though.

captainrads

Reaction score
It'd be hard to do, but worth it. That's a good idea.

Hey I've got an idea for an ability, this can go with the nerubian caster or the crypt queen(as a replacement for parasite?):

Infestation: When targeted to buildings, it heals friendly ones and damages(rots) enemy buildings. When targeted to units, the unit's body becomes a host to the infestation, causing damage per second. If the unit dies while infested, its body explodes, causing other nearby units to become infested.

It seems more like a hero ability to me, but you could make it work with the nerubian caster too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.