Reaction score
I have the following trigger:

Trigger:
  • Waygate
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Way Gate for Neutral Passive at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Way_Gate[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Way Gate for Neutral Passive at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Way_Gate[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Neutral Building - Enable Way_Gate[1]
      • Neutral Building - Enable Way_Gate[2]
      • Neutral Building - Set Way_Gate[1] destination to (Position of Way_Gate[2])
      • Neutral Building - Set Way_Gate[2] destination to (Position of Way_Gate[1])

How come when my unit attempts to enter the way gate he runs to the next way gate instead of being teleported?

also, the trigger command is -Enable way gate, however when you pre-place a way gate and open up its options it has the check box "Way Gate Activate" and forces you to choose a region. You cant choose that option unless you have declared regions on your map. How can i create a Way Gate and Activate it through triggers?

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Guess way gates still require regions for destinations. You have to use custom script/jass to create regions in the random locations of your way gates.

vonDarkmoor

Reaction score
What would the custom script be if i wanted to create a region for Position of unit_variable[1] and unit_variable[2] and how would i reference those regions in GUI?

neckcuttabob

Reaction score
Periodically (like 5 -10 seconds) if a unit is close to the way gate it teleports them to the corresponding gate and places them in a unit group for 15 seconds. When in that unit group they are immune to the teleport so you have x amount of seconds to get away from the gate.

If you're using only 1 unit per person then you may want to give them a spell that targets the way gate and pulls them to the corresponding gate that way.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
udg_Way_Gate_Pos is an array of Regions

Uploading a map for convenience.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- First Way Gate --------
      • Set Way_Gate[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Neutral Building - Enable Way_Gate[1]
      • Custom script: set udg_Way_Gate_Pos[1] = Rect(0, 512, 0, 512)
      • -------- Second Way Gate --------
      • Set Way_Gate[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Neutral Building - Enable Way_Gate[2]
      • Custom script: set udg_Way_Gate_Pos[2] = Rect(0, 512, 0, 512)
      • -------- Move udg_Way_Gate_Pos Regions to their place --------
      • Region - Center Way_Gate_Pos[1] on (Position of Way_Gate[1])
      • Region - Center Way_Gate_Pos[2] on (Position of Way_Gate[2])
      • -------- Set each Way Gate's Destination --------
      • Neutral Building - Set Way_Gate[1] destination to (Center of Way_Gate_Pos[2])
      • Neutral Building - Set Way_Gate[2] destination to (Center of Way_Gate_Pos[1])
      • -------- Change Way Gates Color : ) --------
      • Unit - Change color of Way_Gate[1] to Red
      • Unit - Change color of Way_Gate[2] to Blue

Attachments

• way gate test.w3x
    13.5 KB · Views: 152

Sgqvur

Reaction score
Sry for double post but this is important.

It turns out you don't need Regions to use Way Gate Destinations with triggers.

I think that you have changed the Way Gate's Pathing - Pathing Map in the Object Editor right? =)

Well just reset the Pathing Map of the Way Gate in the Object Editor to its default and it will work with points ... silly me ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.