Weird world editor bug.

W

WDSnav

I am making a map and I had this trigger that it would kick you if the map experienced a bug, well I was testing it and it did this at the ver beggining so I deleted the trigger and it still does it even though the trigger is gone. I am unable to test this map because it is still acting like the trigger is there even though I carefully examined all of my triggers and the trigger that defeated you saying "An error has occured" was completly gone and no more and it still does this as soon as I test my map. I tried opening my map in warcraft 3 and it still does the same thing. Please help me, thanks.

rtatpi

Reaction score
Hmm, there is probably something related to the trigger that you deleted that is in a different trigger. If any, delete any variables that have to do with that trigger as a precaution.

If it still is crashing, then there must be something in one of the other triggers or your map file is corrupted.

T

Trenidor

I've had numerous maps with strange problems like that (or rather osme of them I decided I'd try to fix that aspect of it)

As far as I can tell there are more that just one thing that could cause the map to crash warcraft (I'm assuming it brings up that weird: 1x000100010 error message afterwards)

What I've found is if you try to do anything on the map initiation event that has to deal with something in the game (player settings, creating anything such as units or even leaderboards, or anything that for some reason would require warcraft to have the map running before it does the actions) it will cause this error.

However, this only solves 50%

I haven't been able to deduce the other 50% of the time but am assuming it has to do with unit/item triggers as it occurs when you do specific unit/item events, I may be wrong.

In either case, all I can suggest is you move your map initalization events onto a elapsed time 0.01 sec event. (unless you're positive that it doesn't do it with them [such things as game events etc.])

lllidan

Reaction score
you might have a ton of memory leaks at the initialization that cause a silent crash.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.