what ability base to use for my custom abilities?

ellspeedy

Reaction score
iv got a few abilities i want to make but im not sure which abilities to use as a base? heres one =)

bash - an ability that must be cast which will stun the enemy for 2seconds and deal 20 damage (tried using the bash ability as a base but cant make it have to be cast, just stays as a passive ability)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
bash - an ability that must be cast which will stun the enemy for 2seconds and deal 20 damage (tried using the bash ability as a base but cant make it have to be cast, just stays as a passive ability)

Storm bolt?

ellspeedy

Reaction score
ok i got another ability

blood strike - deals X damage and leaves a debuff dealing Y damage over Z seconds

any ideas for a base ability?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
ok i got another ability

blood strike - deals X damage and leaves a debuff dealing Y damage over Z seconds

any ideas for a base ability?

Don't feel embarassed about this one. I forgot about that ability as well and went to the trouble of triggering the whole ability from channel.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
ermm that didnt quite work, i want it to be a melee ability, so a melee base would work easier? if u can find a melee based ability without the DOT thats fine aswell

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just change the range. I don't think there is a melee DOT or Damage dealer non-passive spell. They are all ranged, so just edit the range to 25.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
hmmmm still its not working right =( can u think of any melee abilities that would be good to use? its for a melee attack that will deal x damage

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Why doesn't Shadow Strike at 100 range doesn't work right? If you want an instant melee damage, use Finger of Death. Set the range to 100.

tiennen07

Reaction score
Trigger it using a dummy spell of Chain Lightning.

Set the range to 100 for the dummy spell, and set the cast range to 100 as well.

Then set up a trigger that will deal the damage and DoT to the target of your dummy spell.

In the trigger, set it up so that the casting unit plays its melee attack animation when the dummy spell is cast.

Voila! you have your melee Hit/DoT

You can even set up a dummy buff, for when the unit gets hit, they can see the debuff on their toon and say "shit!"

Shadow Strike should have worked, but I would expect that to be a *bit* more crude/primative compared to this one.

reyghost

Reaction score
^^ Primitive...... What you said is just the same as using shadow strike,(as a lot of people said),but for the animation,therefore use shadow strike and when its casted play the animation,very easy trigger and 100% desired effect with a deafult ability.:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.