What are your measuring techniques for the Editor?

Chilling

Reaction score
I measure a lot with the editor to make sure things are in the center and lined up with eachother nicely. But it takes a long time and it is annoying. What I normally do is measure in the large squares of the Grid, or in 'tiles' (moving the mouse along and counting each space it moves).
Is there some easier way to find the center of the map and other exact positions like that?
If not, do you have a better way of doing it?

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
About measuring i'd say:

things in the world as we know it are different, so no point in making everythign symetriclly ideal, just tend to make it at precise as possible.

other then that, dont know, there is a way to view entire map maybe that way you can get a center easier

Chilling

Reaction score
Yeah, but everything is pretty off if you're trying to make AoSes and such unless you measure it out, which means counting square by square and measuring with farms and stuff...
And that View Entire Map always makes it really laggy for me, so I tend not to use it.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well...not really that "off" if you ask me...
the way i did it when i was making AoS maps is make it more or less the same, not precisly, and then just move the spawn region by little if needed, you can measure it with "distance between points"

vonDarkmoor

Reaction score
I feel your pain with the measuring, my maps tend to be over-symmetrical. Ive found the easiest thing for me to do is when i 1st open the map the put one terrain dot at the center grind intersection, cause thats the center of the map. then i go to map size and camera bounds under the scenario menu, and i widen the camera bounds left and right 2 clicks, and the top of the camera bounds by 4 clicks, this will make the map a perfect square and will make the terrain dot the center vertically and horizontally, if its a new map, an easy thing to do is to just put a terrain dot every couple couple of grid squares starting with your center one, so you make a giant + across your map, pr a big "x" this cross or X can be used like a grid to help with making things more symmetrical. it may seem like its a lot of work, but once you get the hang of it, it takes like 2 min. It dpoesnt eliminate counting tiles, but it can lower the amount of tiles you have to count, and its a lot easier to count dots than grid lines.

Uploaded what i was talkin bout.

Attachments

• map grid.w3m
    18.1 KB · Views: 69
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.