What does this do exactly in my spawn triggers?

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
See attachment.

I just dont understand wht exactly this means

Code:
Actions
    [COLOR="Red"]Set LV_Real = (LV_Real + 1)[/COLOR]
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                Conditions
                    Level_Number Equal to 5
                    Level_Number Equal to 14
                    Level_Number Equal to 23
                    Level_Number Equal to 27
        Then - Actions
            [COLOR="red"]Set Monster_Amount = 1[/COLOR]            Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00ff0000Air Attac...
        Else - Actions
            [COLOR="red"]Set Monster_Amount = 12[/COLOR]
    -------- Setup Timer --------
    Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
    Countdown Timer - Pause Next_Level
    -------- Create Units --------
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Red_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Left_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Right_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Teal_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Green_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Pink_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Orange_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Purple_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Yellow_Left_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Yellow_Right_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 20 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Grey_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    -------- Level Info --------
    Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Level  + (String(Level_Number))) + ( -  + ((Name of (Last created unit)) + s)))
    Wait 5.00 seconds
    If (Level_Number Equal to 30) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00ff0000BOSS LEVE...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 4) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 6) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00This Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 16) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00This Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 26) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00This Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 14) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 23) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 27) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    -------- Run Triggers --------
    Trigger - Run gg_trg_Startup_Movement (checking conditions)
    -------- Misc. --------
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) acquisition range to 0.00)

I have set the monster amount for each level to 20 or 10, but what do the above statements mean? hen I disable whats in red highlighted, the map still seems to run.

Attachments

• startup.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 69

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
LV_Real is most probably the level

and when your event fire's it sets the wave level + 1

Monster_Amount 1 is for when its a boss level so only 1 spawns
Monster_Amount 12 is most probably a normal wave so it spawns 12

Code:
        If - Conditions
            Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                Conditions
                    Level_Number Equal to 5 // Boss level 
                    Level_Number Equal to 14 // Boss level
                    Level_Number Equal to 23 // Boss level
                    Level_Number Equal to 27 // Boss level
        Then - Actions
            Set Monster_Amount = 1        // Boss spawn
        Else - Actions
            Set Monster_Amount = 12 // Normal spawn

Code:
 Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (blah blah )
You need to change Create " [ number ] " to Monster_Amount

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The problem(actually there is no problem) I get my spawn of 30 and 15 according to this code:

Code:
Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Red_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Left_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Right_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees

And all the levels seem to work fine. do I even need these to be in there?

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
You need them create actions otherwise it wont spawn .

But if you want to spawn all units at the same rate 30 creeps for wave 1 and blah bah use the monsterspawn variable

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Woops, I think i worded it wrong. Here is a piccy of my trigger, or at least some of the startup. With these 2 disabled, My map still works properly. So what do they do? Can I delete them?

triggershd9.jpg

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
well if they are disabled and still works then delete but be careful .

Deleted some of the main set stuff can cause you waves to maybe screw up.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
EDIT: LV_Real+1 is only for this;
Code:
If (Level_Number Equal to 30) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00ff0000BOSS LEVE...) else do (Do nothing)

I think the MonsterAmount=1 stands for flying units
then monsteramount=12 for normal units cause the trigger says

If
level 5
bla bla
then
Monsteramount=1 (flying units are stored in 1)
Display Game - Flying Units tralalalala
else
Monsteramount=12 (normal units)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.