What does this do exactly in my spawn triggers?

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
See attachment.

I just dont understand wht exactly this means

Code:
Actions
    [COLOR="Red"]Set LV_Real = (LV_Real + 1)[/COLOR]
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                Conditions
                    Level_Number Equal to 5
                    Level_Number Equal to 14
                    Level_Number Equal to 23
                    Level_Number Equal to 27
        Then - Actions
            [COLOR="red"]Set Monster_Amount = 1[/COLOR]            Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00ff0000Air Attac...
        Else - Actions
            [COLOR="red"]Set Monster_Amount = 12[/COLOR]
    -------- Setup Timer --------
    Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
    Countdown Timer - Pause Next_Level
    -------- Create Units --------
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Red_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Left_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Right_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Teal_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Green_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Pink_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Orange_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Purple_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Yellow_Left_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Yellow_Right_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 20 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Grey_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    -------- Level Info --------
    Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Level  + (String(Level_Number))) + ( -  + ((Name of (Last created unit)) + s)))
    Wait 5.00 seconds
    If (Level_Number Equal to 30) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00ff0000BOSS LEVE...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 4) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 6) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00This Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 16) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00This Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 26) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00This Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 14) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 23) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Level_Number Equal to 27) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff00Next Leve...) else do (Do nothing)
    -------- Run Triggers --------
    Trigger - Run gg_trg_Startup_Movement (checking conditions)
    -------- Misc. --------
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) acquisition range to 0.00)

I have set the monster amount for each level to 20 or 10, but what do the above statements mean? hen I disable whats in red highlighted, the map still seems to run.

Attachments

• startup.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 65

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
LV_Real is most probably the level

and when your event fire's it sets the wave level + 1

Monster_Amount 1 is for when its a boss level so only 1 spawns
Monster_Amount 12 is most probably a normal wave so it spawns 12

Code:
        If - Conditions
            Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                Conditions
                    Level_Number Equal to 5 // Boss level 
                    Level_Number Equal to 14 // Boss level
                    Level_Number Equal to 23 // Boss level
                    Level_Number Equal to 27 // Boss level
        Then - Actions
            Set Monster_Amount = 1        // Boss spawn
        Else - Actions
            Set Monster_Amount = 12 // Normal spawn

Code:
 Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (blah blah )
You need to change Create " [ number ] " to Monster_Amount

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The problem(actually there is no problem) I get my spawn of 30 and 15 according to this code:

Code:
Unit - Create 30 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Red_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Left_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Create 15 Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of gg_rct_Blue_Right_Spawn) facing Default building facing degrees

And all the levels seem to work fine. do I even need these to be in there?

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
You need them create actions otherwise it wont spawn .

But if you want to spawn all units at the same rate 30 creeps for wave 1 and blah bah use the monsterspawn variable

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Woops, I think i worded it wrong. Here is a piccy of my trigger, or at least some of the startup. With these 2 disabled, My map still works properly. So what do they do? Can I delete them?

triggershd9.jpg

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
well if they are disabled and still works then delete but be careful .

Deleted some of the main set stuff can cause you waves to maybe screw up.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
EDIT: LV_Real+1 is only for this;
Code:
If (Level_Number Equal to 30) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00ff0000BOSS LEVE...) else do (Do nothing)

I think the MonsterAmount=1 stands for flying units
then monsteramount=12 for normal units cause the trigger says

If
level 5
bla bla
then
Monsteramount=1 (flying units are stored in 1)
Display Game - Flying Units tralalalala
else
Monsteramount=12 (normal units)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.