Which classification can you add to a unit to disable all of its skills?

Chilling

Reaction score
I want to find a unit classification that disables all of its other skills (like Bladestorm) and can be added with the Unit - Add Classification action.
I would love to be able to add Ward to the unit, too, but it seems you can't add the ward classification via actions. Am I mistaken, or is there really no way to add ward to a unit?
So pretty much I'm looking for a classification that will cancel all of its skills and remove Hold Position, Stop, and Move.
If that's not possible, is there a way to order a unit to use a custom spell based off of a spellbook ability?

Thank you very much!

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Well you can order a unit to cast Spellbook by ordering it to cast whatever Base Order ID you have for that Spellbook.

Chilling

Reaction score
Well, I tried setting the Base Order ID to Taunt, then ordering the unit to 'Night Elf Mountain Giant - Taunt'...but it didn't work. The book got green around the edges as if it were being cast, but it didn't open the new window with the skills in it.
Any suggestions?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I'd recommend making it cast a spell based on Channel, with its data value Disable Other Abilities set true. This is unless you want the unit to still be able to do things, despite having a blank command card, in which case I think you're out of luck.

Chilling

Reaction score
I'd originally had the skill based off of Channel, but it wouldn't show up in my hero's skills. He could learn it, but once he learned it, it was gone.
Why is that?

Chilling

Reaction score
Alright, thanks both of you, I got it to work, but I couldn't find a way to ... work with it?
I think I've found a new way to implement the casting system.
+rep for both of you! Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.