Why can't you use a Generic unit event for 'Takes Damage'?

Chilling

Reaction score
You can only use a specific unit event for A unit takes damage. Why can't you make it generic? Is there a way to make a generic takes damage event?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
You'll have to find one of the various damage detection systems written in JASS to do this (which means you'll need to use JASS).

There might be one made for GUI users, but I don't know if that exists or how awful using it would be.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
It's possible to do without JASS. You would just create another trigger to pick every unit in your map and add the event to your damage detection trigger. Though, using a damage detection system is still probably a better idea. You could try this one.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
You can only use a specific unit event for A unit takes damage. Why can't you make it generic?
Because that's how Blizzard made it. :thdown:

Is there a way to make a generic takes damage event?
There's a way to have a specific damage event on a trigger for every unit, so effectively yes. This can be done yourself even with strictly GUI, but I'd recommend using one of several systems people have made for this purpose.

There might be one made for GUI users, but I don't know if that exists or how awful using it would be.
I've made one in JASS that is aimed for use with GUI triggers, and it is very easy to use, in my and others' opinions. :)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
EGUI has a generic version of this event. But it is easily replicable by using a few triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.