Why in world doesn't this work? ( i am attaching the map)

95blojoe

Reaction score
Emm i am so confused right now :S
I am uploading the map if some1 think they may got time checking the triggers on it.. i can't even explain what that may be wrong QQ

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I don't have the editor with me. What are you having trouble with? Triggers?

What are the triggers supposed to do? What actually happens?

You will have better luck if you post your triggers so people don't have to download and play your map just to try to understand what the problem is.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which part doesn't work? I am not looking through 52 triggers without knowing the problem.

95blojoe

Reaction score
I don't have the editor with me. What are you having trouble with? Triggers?

What are the triggers supposed to do? What actually happens?

You will have better luck if you post your triggers so people don't have to download and play your map just to try to understand what the problem is.

I would gladly do that i tell you, but the thing is there is no problem what i can see... it just doesn't work!

ZulzZ

Reaction score
are you aware that the triggers with red, blue etc. doesn't do anything when they get the wagon?

i see why you didn't do that :)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
but the thing is there is no problem what i can see... it just doesn't work!

WHAT doesnt work ><?

your not trying to get this solved at all....

just explain us what it should do and post the triggers of your map so we can see what the problem is......

(if you don't know what it should do, then you don't know what your making and I don't think you don't know what to create while creating it :))

<--b.t.w. that was a confusing line 0.o

ZulzZ

Reaction score
It is supposed to order a unit that is ally of you to attack-move to a certain region where the "goal" is :)

though in here he have ordered it to attack a unit that is in that region :)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
eeeerm lol you think so??? look at the triggers man :p

Code:
Untitled Trigger 007
    Events
        Unit - Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> Changes owner
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (yelllow)
    Actions
        Do nothing

should this be supposed to do anything then XD?
and after this trigger you make exactly the same trigger with the following action:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 006
    Events
    Conditions
        (Owner of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen>) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    Actions
        Unit - Order Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Attack Acolyte 0006 <gen>

and then you think: hmmmm why doesn't this work??? :confused:

well.... I think it is because whenever this happens it will DO NOTHING
dude... your using the same event twice with the same condition twice and you are surprised that it does not do annything? No offence but I haven't seen any trigger that is as bad as that one :)

ZulzZ

Reaction score
well i must tell you that you should look at the bottom triggers since this is where he commands the wagon to move, and where you get the whole meaning of this together, however, i couldn't find a fix for it, i will keep on trying tomorrow (if i get time, it's going to be a busy weekend :S)

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
-Default attacks against the wagon will not move away because the wagon is controlled by Neutral Hostile.
-Your category Wagonpassive takes away ownership from the unit that hit it under 200 and gives it to a different player.

Your ownership of the Magic Wagon unit is thrown all over the place. You need to clarify WHO is going to own that unit because at present it is bouncing all over the place.

ZulzZ

Reaction score
The unit owning for the "Alliance" is Yellow (5)

The unit owning for the "Horde" is Brown (12)

this is what i've gotten out of it :)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
This is what you need to do if you want what I beleave you want:

remove all your triggers that has to do annything with the wagon instead the one where you change its owner by attacking it....
This one:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 200.00
    Actions
        Unit - Change ownership of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) and Change color

Then make this trigger:

Code:
Wagon
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Set life of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to 100.00%
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
                        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
                        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
                        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
                        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Change ownership of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Player 5 (Yellow) and Change color
                Trigger - Turn on Keep moving wagon 1 <gen>
                Trigger - Turn off Keep moving wagon 2 <gen>
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                            Conditions
                                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
                                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)
                                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
                                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)
                                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Change ownership of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
                        Trigger - Turn off Keep moving wagon 1 <gen>
                        Trigger - Turn on Keep moving wagon 2 <gen>
                    Else - Actions

And these 2 triggers (initially off):

Code:
Keep moving wagon 1
    Events
        Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)

Code:
Keep moving wagon 2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 Copy <gen>)

Ow also, it is incredibly annoying that the wagon moves when you use skills or attack it so go to your object editor and check Stats - Can Flee off.

If this is what you want then PLEASE next time tell us what you want from us. I'll explain it to the rest:

The only thing he wanted is that when the wagon is attacked and it has less then 200 life it should be in either team 1 or team 2 and it starts moving to one of the regions of the opposite teams. The opposite team has to slow down the wagon and hurt it as fast as possible below 200 life so they controll it back and it starts walking the other way. Whenever the wagon gets in one of these regions the game is over and 1 of the 2 teams win.

Ow b.t.w. you literally made like 30 triggers for what I did in 3, try to shorten it down next time :)

EDIT: Off-topic:

well i must tell you that you should look at the bottom triggers since this is where he commands the wagon to move

Don't be a whise ass and look at the trigger I posted... above you XD

Code:
Untitled Trigger 006
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions

The unit owning for the "Alliance" is Yellow (5)

The unit owning for the "Horde" is Brown (12)

and omg nice you figured that out real good XD

(sorry if I'm a bit grumpy....)

ZulzZ

Reaction score
now you just need to change the move to be Attack-Move since he want it to stop moving when attacked :)

otherwise it seems good :)

95blojoe

Reaction score
This is what you need to do if you want what I beleave you want:

remove all your triggers that has to do annything with the wagon instead the one where you change its owner by attacking it....
This one:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 200.00
    Actions
        Unit - Change ownership of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) and Change color

Then make this trigger:

Code:
Wagon
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Change ownership of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Player 5 (Yellow) and Change color
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                            Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Change ownership of Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
                    Else - Actions

And these 2 triggers (initially off):

Code:
Keep moving wagon 1
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)

Code:
Keep moving wagon 2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order Magic Wagon 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 Copy <gen>)

Ow also, it is incredibly annoying that the wagon moves when you use skills or attack it so go to your object editor and check Stats - Can Flee off.

If this is what you want then PLEASE next time tell us what you want from us. I'll explain it to the rest:

The only thing he wanted is that when the wagon is attacked and it has less then 200 life it should be in either team 1 or team 2 and it starts moving to one of the regions of the opposite teams. The opposite team has to slow down the wagon and hurt it as fast as possible below 200 life so they controll it back and it starts walking the other way. Whenever the wagon gets in one of these regions the game is over and 1 of the 2 teams win.

Ow b.t.w. you literally made like 30 triggers for what I did in 3, try to shorten it down next time :)

EDIT: Off-topic:

Don't be a whise ass and look at the trigger I posted... above you XD

Code:
Untitled Trigger 006
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions

and omg nice you figured that out real good XD

(sorry if I'm a bit grumpy....)

Hmm seems good but the 0.50 order to move trigegr wont that make the unit move all the time? hehe did not see the turn on trigger part xD

LoveTD's

Reaction score
yes, untill someone else gets controll... then it will walk the other way (because it turns off the trigger where he walks to region 000 and it turns on the trigger where he needs to walk to 000 copy), and yes if you want it to attack use attack-move to...

I used 0.5 seconds because when you order it to move once he will stop after being attacked, I tested that and found it out... So I thought maybe ordering him continiously to move he won't stop :) (if you use attack-move to it will stop moving when it finds an enemy and it starts to attack it...)

EDIT: maybe you should name your thread a bit different before you post it, example: my unit won't move to a region please help (or something like that)

This might help you understand what I mean: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101956

95blojoe

Reaction score
Code:
Wagon
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                [B]Or - Any (Conditions) are true[/B]                    Conditions
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                            Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                    Else - Actions

i did XXX 2 a part i did not understund, i don't seem to be able to make that.. ><

LoveTD's

Reaction score
condition - OR multiple condition

@ the bothom of all conditions....

Don't forget to put the move triggers initially off, else they will always work. (which means he is ordered to move to region 000 and region 000 copy at the same time) To do that uncheck the initially on box at the top of your trigger...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.