Will waits in functions brake MUI ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I know that using local variables makes things MUI but when I use there waits it dosn' t create problems ? I just want to know it for sure.

EDIT: Oh... brake should be break >.>

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
The MUI-ness will only be broken if you use very long waits, such as 20+ seconds, with lots of players and their units that constantly fire the trigger in between that time.

And remember that local variables are usually good for being able to handle 7 instances of that variable being set inside their function.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
The MUI-ness will only be broken if you use very long waits, such as 20+ seconds, with lots of players and their units that constantly fire the trigger in between that time.

And remember that local variables are usually good for being able to handle 7 instances of that variable being set inside their function.

Low duration wait would just lower the chances of failure it won't make a non-MUI spell any more MUI than what it is .

Use locals and be smart when coding, some guys actually think that locals are the only thing needed for a MUI spell, that's so wrong.

Reaction score
>some guys actually think that locals are the only thing needed for a MUI spell, that's so wrong.

Could you make a bit more clear what are those other things, because I am one of those guys? :p

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> And remember that local variables are usually good for being able to handle 7 instances of that variable being set inside their function.

What that means ? When I use waits in functions (The small ones 0.20 sec) then it' s ok ?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
local variables have nothing to do with the locals of the other instances of the same function.

A computer program or routine is described as reentrant if it can be safely called recursively or from multiple processes. To be reentrant, a function must hold no static data, must not return a pointer to static data, must work only on the data provided to it by the caller, and must not call non-reentrant functions.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
local variables have nothing to do with the locals of the other instances of the same function.

end of story, locals are used in only THAT RUN OF THE FUNCTION

regardless of how many times it is run after during the waits

Could you make a bit more clear what are those other things, because I am one of those guys?

its situational

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.