Weird Woman convicted for not reporting coin she found in garden

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The woman, in her twenties from Ludlow, kept hidden a rare piedfort - a 14th century coin-like object worth £2000.

She took the silver artefact to Ludlow museum to be identified in January last year claiming she had found it in her garden.

But after being informed she must register the find with the coroner under section 8 of the treasure act she continued to keep the treasure hidden.

South Shropshire coroner Anthony Sibcy eventually contacted the police in April 2009.

Last edited:

chanta45

Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. I would seriously take that to court, wtf is wrong with that man. She found it, it's hers. That actually makes me quite angry :banghead:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. I would seriously take that to court, wtf is wrong with that man. She found it, it's hers. That actually makes me quite angry :banghead:

Remind me of that when I find your wallet and credit cards. :p

Though, she really should have just reported it. Then this wouldn't have happened.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Though, she really should have just reported it. Then this wouldn't have happened.
She would still not have been able to keep the coin. Looking into it a bit further, it seems that it goes over to the "franchisee" of wherever you found it; they will pay what it's worth, but you cannot keep treasure.
Which is rubbish as far as I'm concerned. If you find an item like that, then unless it's not on your property (in which case you should pay due compensation to the owner of the land), then it should be yours to do with what you like.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Hmmm...

report it... lose the coin... gain 2000 pounds.

Don't report it... lose the coin... lose 25 pounds.

An obvious choice. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.