Crime Woman drops purse in Starbucks, accidentally shoots friend with handgun that was in the purse.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A Florida woman dropped her purse on the ground as she waited for coffee at Starbucks — and ended up accidentally shooting her best friend in the leg.

Pamela Beck, 51, from Pinellas Park, is thought to have dropped her bag too hard — sparking her loaded .25 caliber Titan handgun, which was inside, to fire a shot.

The bullet hit her buddy Amie Peterson, 38, above the knee.

Cops were called to the Tyrone Square Mall Starbucks, in St. Petersburg, after the incident on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I like how they just give images of Starbucks. I don't really see the point of that.

As for the article, it must have been a really trigger-sensitive gun. I remember seeing that situation on mythbusters and it never fired. It can still happen of course (since said show's credibility can be iffy), but it seems odd that that would happen. Sucks for her buddy.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I am so glad that the possession of arms in my country is illegal. Shit like this just won't happen.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so glad that the possession of arms in my country is illegal. Shit like this just won't happen.
What? You think one can not drop an illegal weapon?
Or that people are invincible in a country without personal firearms?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
it's obviously user error - the purse should either be bulletproof, or not be used to carry a gun - it's like when people use milk jugs to carry gasoline, 100% stupidity - especially since the gun either didn't have a safety or it wasn't used.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
How does a gun fire just from being dropped in the first place?

B

Blackveiled2

A round is already in the chamber then the weapon falls with enough force that the bolt is charged forward? It makes sense to me.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A round is already in the chamber then the weapon falls with enough force that the bolt is charged forward? It makes sense to me.
Either that, or the trigger somehow hits the floor in some way causing its spring-loaded mechanism failed to lock the trigger, causing it to be released, thus hitting the bullet. The gun owner did mentioned she had the gun for quite some time and forgot about it, possibly allowing moisture to corrode the inner parts of the trigger, weakening its strength.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I like how they just give images of Starbucks. I don't really see the point of that.

As for the article, it must have been a really trigger-sensitive gun. I remember seeing that situation on mythbusters and it never fired. It can still happen of course (since said show's credibility can be iffy), but it seems odd that that would happen. Sucks for her buddy.

Mythbusters are fucking retards, they have no idea what they're doing.

You don't need a very hard impact to slamfire handguns. She shouldn't have had a round in the chamber with the hammer primed back anyway, it was clearly her fault for failing to take basic precautionary measures. Probably with the safety off.

Moisture won't corrode the firing mechanism of a gun over a year, especially if it's sitting in her purse (it would have to have been a pretty fucking gross purse in that event), though I am curious as to how she had it sitting in there for that significant of a period of time and 'forgot' that she had a loaded and chambered weapon that is designed to kill people.
You would have to have it sitting out in the weather for a significant amount of time before that happened, and then you would see the spring likely break first making the hammer inoperable so it wouldn't fire anyway.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
What? You think one can not drop an illegal weapon?
Or that people are invincible in a country without personal firearms?
No, that won't happen. If it does, you can fly over to Germany and beat me up for lying :D
I never said that people in my country are invincible. Every day some kind of drug related crime or assult ist committed and people die.
However, no one would handle a gun the way that woman did.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No, that won't happen. If it does, you can fly over to Germany and beat me up for lying :D
I never said that people in my country are invincible. Every day some kind of drug related crime or assult ist committed and people die.
However, no one would handle a gun the way that woman did.
Totally incorrect. Many people handle a gun in the way that woman did, we call them idiots.
These people should not be given guns in the first place.
But this doesnt say anything about the rest of the citizens.

And believe me, there are idiots in all countries all over the world.

What is that in response to?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8721425

And there's that, though it's just for hunting. Not as high, but Germans do stupid shit, just like everyone else.

Bad source to prove your point. That article said it was 256 cases in 31 years, more importantly, only until 1991 which is already 22 years ago. Gun laws might have changed in that period.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
That wasn't the point of my post. And it was 256 cases specifically related to hunting in a country that CURRENTLY has less than half a million hunters, less than one percent of the population, in comparison to around six percent or higher in the US. My point isn't to show that there's some percentage of the population that are idiots, it was just to show that misuse of firearms happens in Germany, which specifically what he was denying.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Tse tse tse. Just accept your defeat varyne, you are acting like a child.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.