Workers get stuck after exiting gold mine.

Taishaku

Reaction score
So I have a gold mine that is like a naval oil platform, but the units get stuck immediately after exiting it. How do I remedy this problem?

I can unstuck them by ordering them to move, but I want the queue to work smoothly.

istar

Reaction score
what did you change? there could be a variety of problem
alot of things affect pathing ai, check collision size, check surroundings for its pathing map etc

Taishaku

Reaction score
what did you change? there could be a variety of problem
alot of things affect pathing ai, check collision size, check surroundings for its pathing map etc

Nothing has any collision.

The units come out and pretend as if they could not not walk on the deep water. Can this be solved by fixing one of the aforementioned problems?

Lumograph090

Reaction score
Do they have the ability to swim? or are they set to Amphibious? Hover does not let you move over water, etc.

Taishaku

Reaction score
Do they have the ability to swim? or are they set to Amphibious? Hover does not let you move over water, etc.

They float. They swim to the mine, they leave it, but are stuck.

I tried Amphibious.

Here, you try this. Get a Gold Mine, make it sea pathable. Make a peon, give it float.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
I think it just might be an issue with the Gold Mine, I have heard a lot of band things about Gold Mines and changing its pathing, modifying it, etc.

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
I've never tried this, so I can't tell you specifically if this is a problem with hard coding or something you're doing stupidly. However, you can try making a trigger that upon exiting you instantly move him to his exact position with a trigger and see if that resets him. To detect this, you could possibly use the a unit enters playable map area and is a certain (very close) range to the mine.

Another thing you could do is just make the surrounding water shallow. It wouldn't look too bad either, I'd imagine.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Mmhm. Or you could download a water model (they're much prettier anyways) and use that.

Taishaku

Reaction score
Okay, I turned the gold mine into a unit and it works.

It's a good thing this thing can't be attacked. ><

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.