World Editor - Need Expert(s) on Triggers

I am new here, but I need help with something, it will take an expert to tell me.

I am making my own RP map, but I wanted to make a command called 'respawn the command would recreate the last created unit, the way you get units in my rp map is by shops that sell units in the topright corner. I have tried EVERYTHING! I have tried

Event- Player 1 types a game message 'respawn typed exactly
Conditions-
Actions-
Create 1 (sold unit) for Player 1 at postition of spawner

Event- Player 1 types a game message 'respawn typed exactly
Conditions-
Actions-
Create 1 (last created unit) for Player 1 at postition of spawner

If you get what i meant, please reply; i need help!!!

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
well technically those actions you wrote are impossible to do in the editor, i'm guessing they should say "unit type of (sold unit)" and "unit type of (last created unit)".

so you need to remember here that last created unit is the last unit created via the "unit - create" action and sold unit is an event response to a "sells a unit" event.

So I need to know, are you creating units via "unit - create", or do players only get units via that shop that sells them?

If you want to get into variables, you could make a unit-type array with 12 slots, one for each player. And every time a unit is sold do:

action:

set last_sold_unit[player number of (triggering player)] = unit-type of (sold unit)

and so:

Event- Player 1 types a game message 'respawn' typed exactly

Actions-
Create 1 <last_sold_unit[player number of (triggering player)]> for (triggering player) at (position of spawner)

NOTE FOR ALL TFT USERS:

To copy your trigger and paste it in here as text, just right click on the top of the trigger and select "copy as text". Then just do a ctrl-v to paste it in here.

I

iddio

is there a warcraft3 triggers for dummies or something out there

Re: Unit Spawn

I looked at urs.. and mine came out as:

Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) for Player 1 (Red) at
(Position of Spawner 0001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

My unit spawn is buildings, u buy the units from them and they spawn at ur spawner.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
well u kinda did the second bit, but you didn't do the first bit at all.

first bit:

event:
a unit owned by player x sells a unit

action:
set <last_sold_unit[player number of (triggering player)]> = unit-type of (sold unit)

second bit:

Event:
Player 1 types a game message 'respawn' typed exactly

Actions:
Create 1 <last_sold_unit[player number of (triggering player)]> for (triggering player) at (Position of Spawner 0001 <gen> ) facing Default building facing degrees

S

Sat_2k3

This is a little off topic and a really stupid question but RP maps are same thing as RPG? since ppl always never call RPG's just RP. Just curious...

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
from what I can gather:

RP: a map where there is a whole lot of creeps, allied/enemy units and tons of other stuff on the map. There is no storyline, and it is up to you what exactly you want to do.

RPG: almost the opposite, it features a fixed storyline that you must follow to make any progress in the game (excluding sidequests of course)

I can tell you that I've played a couple of RP maps myself, and what I have seen so far hasn't particulary impressed me that much, they're as boring as heck.

That's just my opinion though, because everyone has their own taste. I love playing good TD maps myself, and I'm aware that many ppl hate TDs so much they try their best to forget they ever came into being.

edit: to avoid offending anyone, let me just say that I am still open-minded, so if you make a good map then I will play it, regardless of what type of map it is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.