Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Wait for Vista

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Stick with XP and don't move to Vista until its been out a couple of years. Let them get all the bugs worked out of it. XP has been around a while and is a solid OS.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, although vista may be cool to look at, it will crash on almost every program.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
It's like always, it will be stable once we get to service pack 2.
Usable with service pack 1, for those that are in a hurry.

If you feel adventurous, get it as soon as possible. Good luck.

Personal rant:
If IE7 is any sign of the quality we can expect from Vista, service pack 2 is the required minimum wait time.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Oh my, 3 admins in a row...

Yes, stick with XP. Service Packs are proportionally related to stability unfortunately.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Get XP and wait for Vista to be out for a while...
In my opinion at least a year.
Let the bugs get worked out.

chris

Reaction score
Everyone gives the correct answer....I think Microsoft is going to completely mess the os up with all of the so called security measures.

There plans to even think about locking the kernal for the system is one of the maddest ideas they have come out with. This will lock out third party security companys and stop full access to the system. This will be ok for a while but once some one gets in to it, which will not be long, it leaves every system open.

From what i can understand microsoft has changed its mind and given some acces to vital systems...but does it go far enough to give the kind of security we have with xp?....I think not...

Stick with XP till some other company comes along and batters microsoft to there knees...(ps you may need to wait till the year 5500 for this to happen..lol)....

So ill vote wait for vista (SP2)....but if you carnt wait 3 years then go for XP

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
chris said:
Stick with XP till some other company comes along and batters microsoft to there knees...(ps you may need to wait till the year 5500 for this to happen..lol)....

Good Luck getting a Virus on a Mac! Even if you tried I dont think you could :p. They're FAR more secure than any other OS at the moment, but people dont like them because they dont have enough Games/Programs.

(Which is partly another reason why they're so secure, not even people use them to want to invent Spyware/Viruses' for them).

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Husky said:
(Which is partly another reason why they're so secure, not even people use them to want to invent Spyware/Viruses' for them).
That's pretty much the only reason.
Why waste your time making a virus for an OS that isn't used as widely as Windows?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
There are plenty of Windows boxes out there to be infected so it is a waste of time to infect Mac. Mac is still an audience to the spam these infected computers put out in bot networks - alls they need is the computers to hijack for spam and they have plenty with Windows - no need to mess with Mac with viruses.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.