Your ideas please :)

S

slaughter9

Hey everyone,

I have made a few simple melee maps, and 2 simple "trigger" maps (on my own of course :)) I think I'm ready to go on to something a bit bigger, and less simple. I am stumped on ideas though..

So I'm asking has anyone got any general ideas of what type/kind of map I should make? Any ideas for a sweet hero, or sweet units or anything? Any ideas would be helpful, because I'm stumped and want to get some things written down :) Thanks.

P

Pandaren

Hmm campaign would be cool. There aren't enough fun ones of those :D. I'm actually making one now. I was going to say a pandaren campaign but it seems when BlargIAmDead suggested one you didn't like it.

S

slaughter9

Sounded wrong

I guess that kind of came out wrong, yes it does look interesting to use pandaren, I was just asking him if he had any other ideas. A campaign sounds pretty cool. I'll look into makin one :)

D

Dr4gonL0rd

I find I like maps where you pick a hero, and then fight your way from mini boss to mini boss. Very much like the WarChasers map that blizzard created as a way to show beginner map makers the basics. I am actually working on a revised version of WarChasers, and Im hoping to make it somewhat of a series. But anyway, I like having little "secret" areas that can help players along the way, like opening a secret room to get an item, or finding a healing fountain.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
here's my advice: wait for an inspiration. the best ideas for you to make would come from you and you alone. since you've finished some maps of your own i think you deserve a break of some sorts and lookk for inspiration; kinda recharge the mojo, if you get what i'm saying...

S

slaughter9

I loved the warchasers map. it was fun. There are some warchasers re-makes which I haven't played, but I might. I hope ya make a good warchasers-type map. I've got a few ideas of what to make for my map, just trying to decide which one I'd rather do, and writin down what I want in them/it :p Okay thanks you guys, cya.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.