Your opinoin: should creeps be mobile or not?

marvey323

Reaction score
In my oRPG should creeps be patrolling back and forth between a set of areas designated to them or should they be motionless?

If motionless, it's much easier to work with beacus all I hav to do is pre-place them on my map. But I don't know if that would make the game boring since players could just kill stuff without having to worry about running into mobs of creeps.

If mobile, then its a ton of work to make regions for EVERY SINGLE creep to patrol back and forth to...

I WANT to have them patrol but having such a big project I don't if its practical to make patrol regions for every single creep.

I'm at a dilemma here.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
give the wander ability and then have a trigger that orders them to move somewhere if they go past a region?

simonake

Reaction score
I think that i can give you the best answer you want to read. Use both of the creeps style. Use mobile and imobile. I think that whats would make the game funnier and still less long to do.

marvey323

Reaction score
I tried giving them wander but what happens is that they dont attack players, It's weird.

I tried doing this:

Trigger:
  • Force Neutral Hostile To Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Attack (Attacking unit)

I guess I'll just give them wander and that trigger.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
no, that's the "call for help" range that can be found in the gameplay constants.. im asking like what value it is for his units that arent attacking

edit: wierd effect.. they run and then attack.. kinda like micro, only failing at it, but i think that would be a nice effect to have for the weak creeps, while the strong ones are stationary and run to help them if they see one of the weaker ones get attacked

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.