Carrion Swarm Spell

gabriono

Reaction score
I cant figure it out how this spell works.. i mean i dont know how to make something like this:
1000 range*
500 AoE*
200 dmg/unit*

But if there are many units it only deals 50-100 dmg*, can someone explain me how to do, or what all the things in "Data" are**?

*Examples
**:
Damage
AoE
Range
Max Dmg
Final Area

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
The max damage is the max amount of damage the spell can do to all the units it hits, like, if theres 5 units, the damage per unit is 500, and the max damage is 1000, then it will only hit two of those units for damage. The final area, is the area that the swarm will get to, EX if its 1000, it starts out at the AOE (Untested) and then it goes to the 1000 area.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
slightly wrong.

if the max damage is 1000 the maximum amount of damage the spell can deal is 1000.

if the damage is 300 and it hits 3 units, they all are damaged for 300 damage because 300 x 3 == 900.
if there are 4 units instead of 3 they will not be dealt the full 300 damage because 300 x 4 = 1200, its 200 damage too much and therefor every unit will only be dealt 300 - (300 x 4 - 1000) / 4 == 250 damage.
the formula would be like:
DMG - (DMG * HITS - MAX_DMG) / HITS == damage per hit

the same rule is used for several other AoE damage dealing skills like blizzard for example. its a balancing issue.

the shape of the area in which the damage is dealt is not a circle nor a rectangle, its a cone. the area of effect is the width of the cone at the beginning, that means when the spell is cast, and the final area is the width of the cone at the end of the range.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.