Cinematic Contest! (Prize = Forum Signature)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
bump

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
bump

maybe this and the other contest should be sticky like the ability one? they keep falling off the front page...

Sargon

Reaction score
It won't get a sticky, because it's not an official site contest.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Agentpaper. Looks good so far, keep it up. There is just one major flaw and I think you know what it is: Yes the boat part, although funny it got pretty boring watching a boat burn rond for 3 or so minutes straight.
I think the best way to fix this would just to use a fade filter try something like:

All hop in boat, boats sails away -Fade Out-
Wait 2 or so seconds.
-Fade In- Argh a dead end we'll have to go to the long way, boat sails away -Fade Out-
Wait 2 or so seconds.
-Fade In- They Land, move out...

You don't have to do it just an idea.

Anyway looking forward to the complete movie,
-Husky

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
It gave me a critical error. Also, at the sewer part, not all of the units loaded into the boat, nor did they all unload.

Are custom models allowed? It would have been cool to see some different units from each species. It seemed the Humans were led by the paladin dude, the Dwarves were led by the Dwarf and the Elves were led by the Elven Rangers (duh :p) but they had some different races in their squads. If you have custom models of Dwarves and Elves to take the place of the Human units, it might look cooler! :D

Please put your name in your file title, so that we don't get a flood of "Cinematic" files :D

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well it was more supposed to be the dwarf, his 2 buddies (riflemen) 3 footmen, and 2 demolitions men, who happen to be dwarves. its mostly humans there just the 5 dwarves and a nightelf (only 1 of the archers is NE, the other is human). and yes the boat scene isnt finished, im going to add more comments and/or speed the boat up. but before you see that im going to finish the whole thing so i can get comments on it all. and the first one i uploaded was bugged, try downloading it again. if it still doesnt work make sure to tell me and ill see whats wrong. and if custom models are allowed then i would probably use them for many things.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
If i'm think the same as Alex, at the end of the Cinematic it just quit to the desktop. Yeah its highly recommended that you speed up the boat (and remeber the length of the cinematic doesn't really count towards anything, so don't try go for length. "Short but Sweet").

-Husky

P

Player_72985

- B U M P -

needed a good bump, and also the same problem with the cinema crashing to the desktop. Check trigger run functions and see if anything could be causing the problem (if you know what to look for that is <.<) ~tries hard not to judge a cinema :banghead: ~

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Can i still enter? Ill post my Cinematic in a bit its from a campaign im making from when Arthas is in Northrend and Kel'Thuzad is taking care of Lorderan for him, it overlaps a bit with one of blizzards but fallows Kel'Thuzad not Arthas.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
UnknowVector said:
Can i still enter? Ill post my Cinematic in a bit its from a campaign im making from when Arthas is in Northrend and Kel'Thuzad is taking care of Lorderan for him, it overlaps a bit with one of blizzards but fallows Kel'Thuzad not Arthas.

Yep, you still got 10-11 days left. Are other people still working on their ones or has like everyone stopped :eek:.
-Husky

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
yes im still working, and almost done, and i beleive i have a working version of the one i posted but i dont want to spoil it, that was just a taster.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
LET THE BODIES HIT ...........

FLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!

1 NOTHING WORNG WITH ME
2 NOTHING WORNG WITH ME
3 NOTHING WORNG WITH ME
4 NOTHING WORNG WITH ME

yea this is a bump... a werid bump but yes a bump my cinematic will probley be coming but i have to extarct a bunch of unit data, triggers, variables and terrain work so i can sperate it from my map lol... so yea sorry its ify.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
When do we judge these?

S

Sheep_Quest

Sorry to anounce

I am sorry to anounce that i cannot make it to the deadline due to virus.. My entire system (Windows) crashed since i had something simillar to 600 viruses

The thing is that i had to reinstall windows on my computer so all my current map projects has been lost, so i cannot make it to the deadline...

However i will start over and finish the movie if anyone should be interested in watching it :D

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
The Helper said:
First place will be a forum signature.

Ohhh thanks a million, thats great to hear. Spices it up a bit :shades:.

Sheep_Quest said:
I am sorry to anounce that i cannot make it to the deadline due to virus.. My entire system (Windows) crashed since i had something simillar to 600 viruses

The thing is that i had to reinstall windows on my computer so all my current map projects has been lost, so i cannot make it to the deadline...

However i will start over and finish the movie if anyone should be interested in watching it :D

Well the current deadline is September 1st (as been extended like 20 days already :D), And I may even extend it again if we don't get enough entries :( .

Anyway keep it up guys, i'm looking for to watching these.

Oh and Alexander we will vote these the day after the Contest ends.

Hope that helps to clear some stuff up,
-Husky

Sargon

Reaction score
By the way, I'm dropping out of the contest. Don't have enough time for it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.