Cinematic Contest! (Prize = Forum Signature)

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
As you may have noticed there are a couple of competitions going on, and I thought i'd add to that.

RULES

-All Cinematics must be in by September 9th (Friday).
-Cinematic must actually be about something (not just lots of random stuff).
-Terrain Cinematics are accepted (cinematics which only show terrain)
-You can use profanity in your cinematics but please limit it (to much and you'll have to edit it and re-submit).
-Custom Models and Skins are allowed.
-Must be of a decent length (not to long but not to short).
-Terrain cinematics can be shorter than a normal cinematic.
-Please list your cinematic genre when you submit it (Comedy, Adventure, Battle Scene etc.
-All Cinematics will be rated out of 10.
-Post all Cinematics in this thread.
-No group cinematics, only one person per cinematic.
-Must be your own work.
-Flaming Judges will lose you points.
-Copies of other Cinematics will be disqualified.
-You are only allowed to submit a Maximum of 2 Cinematics
-Must be a member of this forum.

VOTING

-After all submissions the judges will vote on what they think are the best 3 Cinematics (listed 1st, 2nd, 3rd).
-These Cinematics will be posted on the first post and a poll will be started.
-The public will then vote on what who's they think is best.
-The maker of the Cinematic is not allowed to vote, if he/she does, harsh actions will be taken. Most likely your Cinematic will be disqualified.

NOTE: These may not apply if we don't get many entries.

BONUS POINTS

-A good storyline will (includes Terrain Cinematics).
-Attention to detail.
-Personal Effort.

KNOWN CONTESTANTS
Player_72985

JUDGES
-husky_003
-Alexander
-Forceflow​

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE A CINEMATIC CHECK OUT CONANS CINEMATIC TUTORIAL You should have plenty of time to learn, and make your cinematic in the time given.

SPECIAL NOTES:
-Submit date may be extened.

So get out there, and make a movie!
-Husky

R

R15I23D05D14

To make absolutly clear to rule benders - Cinimatic must be made specifically for this event. Judges discretion.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
How's this for a rule:

Judges can't participate.

I think that you don't want that cinematic entered because you don't want to lose to it. If you want to participate, don't be a judge. Frankly, I'm shocked nobody brought this point up earlier. Even if they aren't judging their own, they can still give lower scores to the others. Does anyone else agree with me?

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
:(, i'm already half way through. And also, Im not like that, I dont cheat (seriously, I don't on anything only did when I was like 9 :p).

I'll discuss with the other judges, and if they agree to your rule, I will submit it, but it will not be entered into the actual competition.

Is that alright?
-Husky

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
husky_003 said:
:(, i'm already half way through. And also, Im not like that, I dont cheat (seriously, I don't on anything only did when I was like 9 :p).

I'll discuss with the other judges, and if they agree to your rule, I will submit it, but it will not be entered into the actual competition.

Is that alright?
-Husky

It might be if it made any sense. You'd submit the rule or your cinematic?

You'd submit it for no reason because it would not be in the competition?

It'd be... An example, then?

:confused:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Killfest and Player, you have taken this is extreme lengths. This was just meant to be a little (non-serious may I add) contest mainly situated around thehelper community.

If you can't be stuffed making your own cinematic, then don't enter. And also, why are you so extremely determined to win?! I don't see why this is so important to you :confused: .

Could we PLEASE just drop it. If you wanna continue flame me or anyone else, do it by other means.
-Husky

P

Player_72985

Husky, let's look at some things:

1: It is my own work that I would've "liked" to submit (anything besides Part 7).

2: My entry is within your rules (made by me and no one else).

3: you refused to allow my viable entry, thus being prejudice.

I am in no way "trying" to win, just trying to express my freedom to submit a map I made into a contest that's for everyone, so why don't we get things worked out.

R

R15I23D05D14

Make a stand, Mr 72985. Submit your cinimatic anyway. Just post it in this thread, then go and find something more exciting to paint the cieling with blood from a high-blood-pressure explosion. Not being insulting, I just like the graphic image. Not enough of the Sleep mentioned earlier in this thread.

P

Player_72985

R15I23D05D14 said:
Make a stand, Mr 72985. Submit your cinimatic anyway. Just post it in this thread, then go and find something more exciting to paint the cieling with blood from a high-blood-pressure explosion. Not being insulting, I just like the graphic image. Not enough of the Sleep mentioned earlier in this thread.

I like the way you think ^.^

Entry: Azrael's Tale

http://shipw.wc3campaigns.com/Shipwrecked Maps/Azrael's Tale Trailer.w3x

Story: 50 years before the incident that started it all, before Cordina started the war of Humans Vs Sea Creatures. The cursed pirate known as Azrael was a pirate. His tale will be told later this year (early '06). This is a trailer.

Small problem I notice and others notice, fade-in/out a bit too...short :p

[Entry Submit]

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Seeing as how things seem to have calmed down a bit, I've removed anything that even only vaguely looked like a personal flame.

There might be, after all, some people that would want to submit something.
And, if they first have to read through some huge list of flaming material...

Well.

Let's keep this the clean place we're used to.

Yours,
AceHart

S

Sheep_Quest

I would like to enter in this... :D

ill start on my cinematics right away.. if i can get an idea for a story line tho xD

-A Few Questions-

1. I have a half done wc3 related webpage, is it ok to upload my cinematics there and link to it here once its done?, So i dont use all attachment space i have?

2. is there any maximum size of the cinematics? i mean like 2mb-4mb-20mb?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Player_72985 said:
I like the way you think ^.^

Entry: Azrael's Tale

http://shipw.wc3campaigns.com/Shipwrecked Maps/Azrael's Tale Trailer.w3x

Story: 50 years before the incident that started it all, before Cordina started the war of Humans Vs Sea Creatures. The cursed pirate known as Azrael was a pirate. His tale will be told later this year (early '06). This is a trailer.

Small problem I notice and others notice, fade-in/out a bit too...short :p

[Entry Submit]

Amazing! I've seen better fight scenes (sorry, only issue I could find with this movie :D), but the way of going "underwater" and the ship and whatnot was fascinating. Not like I'm a judge, but eh wot.

S

Sheep_Quest

Okay, sorry for all the questions and all but is there a max filesize for the entered cinematics?..

F

Forceflow

As far as I know there isn't a max file size. (GJ Player, I'm personally gonna just let Husky decide if you can participate...)

R

Ralle_Janis

Wauwww, player thats amazing! the whole underwater scene is incredible! wauw! again!

Sargon

Reaction score
Nice job, player. Few things, though:

First, the battle scene is a bit strange. Second, the ship is too square. With a bow that square, how's it going to get through the water with any speed? Third, are all the underwater creatures watching Azrael or what? That seemed a bit weird.

P

Player_72985

"First, the battle scene is a bit strange. Second, the ship is too square. With a bow that square, how's it going to get through the water with any speed? Third, are all the underwater creatures watching Azrael or what? That seemed a bit weird."

1. yep, just was trying a few thing out (was having some fun :p)

2. well, boat is was a WiP atm, and using the "raise tool" to create a boat would take a bit too long and even then it would not turn out right.

3. The Sea Creatures are just add-ins I just happened to make them all face one way :p I have a strange mind ^.^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.