Cinematic Contest! (Prize = Forum Signature)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yes, TH! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

Thanks? :rolleyes:

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
ok you've been saying you might extend the deadline, are or are you not? i mean a extra weekend of workign makes one hell of a dfference.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ya know, I've been judging this and one other contest, without making any "official" decisions, while the "creators" of the contests run the show...

Consider it extende :p

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Okay extended (was gonna extend it anyway Alexander :p ). 5th September (which if i'm not mistake is next Monday).
-Husky

K

Killfest2

Back out of hospital after my accident - sorry for the prolonged break (except some of you would have been rejoycing that I disappeared :p)

If my cinematic is done by then, I will be entering. Dunno if I'll make it or not, but there is a good chance I will. Terrain is done, so now all I have to is triggering and cameras.

F

FalconWest

Warcraft Paradise

Official Name: Warcraft Paradise
Map Type: Real-Time Demonstration / Terrain Cinematic

Warcraft Paradise sets the user in a peaceful atmosphere, where observers can see water-like themed features, such as waterfalls and lakes. The observers can freely move the camera around the terrain, allowing them to fully view the rich paradise-like environment.

Screenshot: Click Here
Download Link: Click Here

Hope its good enough for the contest. :D

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
lmao, just becuz its in cinematic mode, doesn't mean its a cinematic..
But I loved it, it was funny, though I was expecting some pop up events..

Nice music!

Though i can't say the terrain was the best, just some wall seperating each level

F

FalconWest

Krakka said:
lmao, just becuz its in cinematic mode, doesn't mean its a cinematic..
But I loved it, it was funny, though I was expecting some pop up events..

Nice music!

Though i can't say the terrain was the best, just some wall seperating each level
There was no reason to turn off letterbox mode as there are no units to control. Plus, it prevents the map from lagging when loading the GUI.

The reason for having cliffs, and not "some walls", separating the water levels is pretty much because it wouldn't look as good when connecting the water levels together.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
yes, so it is not considered a cinematic but more of a terrain-only map :)

Sargon

Reaction score
the rules said:
-Terrain Cinematics are accepted (cinematics which only show terrain)

F

FalconWest

Krakka said:
yes, so it is not considered a cinematic but more of a terrain-only map :)
Looks like somebody didn't read the rules in the first page:
-Terrain Cinematics are accepted (cinematics which only show terrain)
And also, with the quality and attention given to the details in the map, I'd consider this a cinematic-quality terrain. :shades:

Edit: Damnit Sargon beat me to it. :p

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
PROS:
•I love the way you have set it up.
•Added Custom Stuff (Minimap Image & Music).

CONS:
•Too repetitive.
•Not enough angles.

WHAT YOU COULD IMPROVE:
•Add some different Enviromental doodads in there. Also add ruins and stuff like that if you want.
•Make it so that player can change the angle. Maybe create some cameras, and if a player types "camera1" it applies that camera, thus giving them another angle to observe from.

So on the most part pretty good, but I think if you just follow some of those steps you could make it great.

Anyone else still working on a Cine?
-Husky

F

FalconWest

husky_003 said:
Too repetitive.
I don't see a problem with this at all. The map was built in such a way that waterfalls come from different angles and places.

husky_003 said:
Not enough angles.
The player can still use the standard INS+DEL keys to rotate the camera 90º to the left and right, as well as use the Page Up and Down keys to zoom in. Also, the user can decide which area he wants to look at, making it far more interesting than a "regular cinematic" where people just place a camera and make it follow a unit. No fun at all.

As a matter of fact, I might finish my next real-time demonstration map in time for this contest, where players can not only interact with the camera during cinematics but also give directions to the storyline.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Deadline is monday right? and just giving a heads up, my video, includes a song, it is very verbaly "violent" song if i could axe the lyrics i could. im using it for the tune. if you wondering, its by marlyn mansion "this is the new shit". if the judges wish me not to use this, i wonlt.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Hmm, if you've got another song thats got not as much swearing in it that would be much better. But if you're really determined to have the song we will let you.

We'll let Alexander have the final word...
-Husky

DM Cross

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Hmm, if you've got another song thats got not as much swearing in it that would be much better. But if you're really determined to have the song we will let you.

We'll let Alexander have the final word...
-Husky

Personally, if Husky didn't have a problem with it, I'd say cut loose, and put some Slipknot in there for all I care. :p

But, Husky seems to think anti-swearing songs are a good idea, so dat's the way it'll be, dawg. :cool:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Well I guess you can keep it in there if you really want to...
-Husky

DM Cross

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Well I guess you can keep it in there if you really want to...
-Husky

The song in question ("This is the New Shit" by Marilyn Manson) isn't that bad, if you want reassurance. I know it almost word for word and, while he repeats the words in every chorus, only two swears are used. "Bitch" and "shit".

It could be worse! :D

Then again, it could be better, too :rolleyes:

Master, my best advice is to make SURE that that music fits the mood. If you're going to create a scene with the wrong kind of music, and it's violent music, chances are that will lower your score. Better be some kick ass fight seen or something ;)

Alexander said:
Better be some kick ass fight scene

See? Even I'm worse then the song :rolleyes:

-Edit-

Erm... Nevermind, ROFL! I just repeated the song in my head, and apparently he uses "da f word" a few times, too...

Ah well... :D Just remember what I said, Master.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.