Cinematic Contest! (Prize = Forum Signature)

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Sargon said:
By the way, I'm dropping out of the contest. Don't have enough time for it.

Well that sucks... Sad to hear it.
-Husky

P.S: But as I said above I may extend it even more.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The Helper said:
Do we have a winner yet? Forum signature for first place.

If there's an official award, can there be an official sticky? :rolleyes:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Man we are so stickified already. I agree that it should be done but I think we have too many stickies already. I will have to check with the forum mods before I do that unless one of them reads this and agrees that it should be stickied and does it.

-- edited to add

Well I noticed the Abilities contest was stickied so since it is over and the results have been stickied for a while I just replaced that sticky with this one.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Um, I dunno when the deadline is, but... Technically you could sign up the day before...

So go ahead \m/

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
First of all Thanks The Helper for sticking this, hopefully it will become a bit more popular now :).

Anyway, and since it is stickied I am probably going to extend it till next Monday (no promises yet though).

Anyone can still sign up so you don't have to ask (although it would be good if you left a post saying you've entered or not.

-Husky

Sargon

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Anyway, and since it is stickied I am probably going to extend it till next Monday (no promises yet though).

Not over. Even if he doesn't extend it, not over.

Rad

Reaction score
Well thats good news, Ill start on one now but since the end date isnt clearly posted ill just work till its the end, if it ends then ill just scrap it along with many other maps

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Lol, end date is on the front page (in the rules, first bullet point).
-Husky

Rad

Reaction score
Oh there it is... with 4 pages though, I cant really pay attention to the rules when at first i just want to see what others have, Players with the underwater scene was OK but I dont care much for it, to many pauses... imported models shouldnt get u a better score either :rolleyes:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I never said they did, did i? Just said you can use them if you want. I'll make the due date more specific...
-Husky

RULES HAVE BEEN FIXED/CLEANED UP.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rad said:
Oh there it is... with 4 pages though, I cant really pay attention to the rules when at first i just want to see what others have, Players with the underwater scene was OK but I dont care much for it, to many pauses... imported models shouldnt get u a better score either :rolleyes:

They just help the appearence. They can work AGAINST you, too. If you use really crappy models, it doesn't look as good. If you use models that don't really look good there, it doesn't look as good.

Ta da. Supreme logic from the supreme being.

WHEN DO WE VOTE ON THESE?!

Want to get these contests the hell out of my mind :p

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
i relize its the 29th and thier all do in the 1st, but im going to attempt to learn and make a cinematic before then, deadlines sept 1st right? well expect one from me.

H

Hell-Pleaque

Gonna try to get something in asap... although Sept 1st is near..

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Seeing as we've got more entries I'm pretty sure it'll be extended. Alexander just forget about this Contest until I PM you when its done (saves you the hassle of checking back here everyday :p).

And as it says in 1st post, goto the tutoiral page and just read Conans tutorial on how to make the basics of them.

-Husky

DM Cross

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Alexander just forget about this Contest until I PM you when its done (saves you the hassle of checking back here everyday :p).

I don't.

I look at it when it's bumped with people asking when it's over because they want to join and I can't give them a straight answer :rolleyes:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Lol, okay then :D. Just tell them: Read the Rules! (if you're entering and havn't already you better :cool: ).

-Husky

DM Cross

Reaction score
To be honest, all three contests were done, to my knowledge, horribly.

First you get a prize. Who cares about a contest with no prize? Screw that!
Second, set your rules.
Third, get a "deadline for entering" so that people can't keep doing this last minute entering shit.
Lastly, have a date for the entries to be in, the big deadline.

Ta da. Judges get together the day AFTER the deadline, vote, hand them in, and then the NEXT day (2 days after the deadline) you give the results.

Woo, go Alexander and his supreme logic!

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Hehe, well when things don't go quite according to plan I guess this is what happens, and yes it sucks. Oh well, it seems to be getting a bit mre popular thanks to TH.

-Husky

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.