[Contest Poll] Texturing Contest 1

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
Hm..i don't mind fire ^_^ your extermely right. But also it IS my first skin :p so it's gonna be bad lol

edit- The orbs are different i didn't color over them. i used a selection tool and colored them [but it wasn't the circle selection tool. lol

edit- you do also realize your rep givers give a total of 16 rep points not 15?

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
Ahhh...and the votes stop coming in...

[off topic] Lol i'm thinking about changing the skin completly.. XD

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
mmk sounds good.

GET TO VOTING.

Why i voted for dreanei:

Because well i've never seen a dreanei skin before :p and it looks a whole lot better than those other dreanei in the game...needs a tail though :p

Edit- ...it has a tail xP

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
For the next contest you can do one (or more) of the following:

Give a theme (Dark, Human, etc.)
Give a skin, and convert to another race. (Convert the grunt to a human, elf, or undead)
Allow only to select a skin from a certain race. (Only edit skins from the Night Elf race.)
Edit a certain skin. (Edit the footman into anything else)

Although you should make it either hard, complicated, or use a skin that can be used for creativity.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Well those are all good ideas but i want the helpers opinion on what theme to do, what unit to racially convert, what race to edit, or what unit to edit.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
Bump. Cmon guys let's get to voting there's about 6-9 days left ! you can do it. Here are you contestants.

Daskunk: Pumpkin Man

FireEffect: Draenei guy

DhAoS[ARRC]: Frost Lich

Now call 1-800-565-6862 to vote for your favorite skin ;)

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Okay, I noticed Carbon got disqualified for 'cheating'

I agree that the skin on the russian site, probably was there first, but if you look at his skin, and the russian skin, THEY ARE DIFFERENT not by much, but they are different. Chances are he made his, yet someone had already amde one and submitted it on the site.

It's like my dad, for an art contest in our city he freehand drew a picture from a magazine, but was later disqualified because the judges thought he traced it. Just take a look at the took skins.

I think he should be allowed back in, or at least apologized too

BTW....wth is that 1-800 number??? lol

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Ice lich does look pretty cool, but isn't the origninal lich already icey enough??
I liked the idea of pumpkin man, it's very creative; he looks a bit wierd though.
I chose dranei guy because; A: It's a very useful skin for anyone who wants to make a WOW based game; and B: the skin was overall well made.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Okay, I noticed Carbon got disqualified for 'cheating'

I agree that the skin on the russian site, probably was there first, but if you look at his skin, and the russian skin, THEY ARE DIFFERENT not by much, but they are different. Chances are he made his, yet someone had already amde one and submitted it on the site.

It's like my dad, for an art contest in our city he freehand drew a picture from a magazine, but was later disqualified because the judges thought he traced it. Just take a look at the took skins.

I think he should be allowed back in, or at least apologized too

BTW....wth is that 1-800 number??? lol

Maybe, but it is VERY alike, the horns, chest, and face have small differences though. I dont know. Lets wait until he responds, unless hes banned or something. Also, in a fair and critique-like way, what do you guys see in that ice lich skin, DhAos can i have permission to put your skin on the hive in the WIP and Critique section (with your name on it of course) and see what they think. People here arent basing on the actual skinning aspects but some cool details not noticed ingame. I would like to see what some professional skinners on the hive think of this skin and post some of their critiques here.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Thanks, it takes alot of hard work to make worthy skins like that.

EDIT - I am making a twist to all the contests after this one such as:
  • X% has to be freehand work (calculated by somebody not competing)
  • No CnP at all
  • No Recolor at all
  • Hi-quality (double size)
  • Double Theme (two possible themes, units, races, etc.)
  • Speed Time (10 days to skin rather than 20)
  • Double Skin (20 days to make 2 skins matching same theme on different units)

These are to make the contests exciting and challenging for the skinners and watchers.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
Fire don't change the rules for future contest just cause your losing. Andno i don't mind if you put my skin on the hive on the WIP Section [will finish this post later]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.