[Contest Poll] Texturing Contest 1

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Erm Im not changing the rules, im taking ideas for other contests. The modeling contests on the hive sometimes have certain things like, low poly, extra animations, ingame textures. The parts of your skin arent recolor so dont worry about that. You did it super fast which gave me the idea to rush everybody, you cna skin fast its no problem to you either. Sure CnP gave you the most votes so far, but you can do that with the line tool easily. And for freehand well, all i can see is freehand. So dont think im doing this to win next contest. If i seem like i am trying to persuade people that my skin is better, im not. I am trying to show the people on the helper of what makes a good skin from a crap skin. Also i didnt just call your skin crap. It is a good skin but it is unfinished and unoriginal. So dont jump to conclusions and think im trying to sabotage you. I am not, I have gotten over the fact that i might lose to a new skinner, im fine with that. I will even gladly help you if you need help to learn to skin better. Good day!

PS - I will post your skin on the hive now. I will post the link here so you can see what they say.

EDIT - TEH LINKEH

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
alright i understand fire. i'm sorry =] assuming stuff is bad :p and i'll look at what they said.
Edit- i didn't use EXACTLY the same shading lines they did. Especially on the cape i made my own =] and i barely used any on the face because i had some remember and i deleted them. also on the necklace. and the orbs on the belt are differen too. But the skeleton has the same shading lines :p also the teeth are the same. The horns have very similar ones but i do think i edited them a bit. that's about it. but for shaping and stuff yes i left it alone cause i didn't want to explore too much and make stuff that didn't fit on the model :p [i guess that's understandable? cause i'm a new skinner :p]

Again call
1-800-565-6862 or come online to vote for your favorite skin right now!

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Come on everybody we need voters, contest ideas, more voters (for me preferably :p)

EDIT - Ok ok, you will prob win but that means i will try everything to get peoples vote next time. Everybody likes fire and spiky things, perfect MUAHHA.

Carbonlesz

Reaction score
Yeah, i cheated. In the 2ed contest i will post wips of all my plans, if you will let me enter of course. I wont cheat again. Also make the next theme modern.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I knew it... Modern? what do you mean? Like a blademaster in baggy cargo pants and a tshirt? Or like robots, mechanical things, and stuff like that.

EDIT - You can enter but you have to post wips of everything...i mean everything. Plans of hand, wip of hand, finished hand, plans of head, wip of head, finished head, etc.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
oh...you won't win i will!!!! :p it's on fire o_O ok about heroes with weapons...do you have to edit the model for different weapon looks?

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
no no no no this isn't for the contest...Let's say...The tauren chieftain. do you have to edit the model to make the weapon look different [the blade part]

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Use alpha layers. You know how to use them becuase you deleted it on your entry. Read up on some alpha tuts.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
i remember when i layered the snow flakes on the cape [long before i REALLY started editing the whole thing] i had to merge the layers =/ but..that's probably not it.

Carbonlesz

Reaction score
:D :p :) a blademaster in jeans wtf? Never mind I have made a future skin so that wouldnt work either. Maybe use the famous warcraft characters theme.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.