Data Editor Wiki/Guide/Summary?

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've just recently started having a look at the SC2 editor after playing quite a bit of ladder and a tiny bit of campaign over the last week.

The new data editor, as many of us have noted, is awfully frightening.

Back in WC3, we had an object editor 'guide' which pretty much contained information for every object editor field and let us know exactly what each thing did, so if we needed to make a change to a unit or item or whatever that we had made, we could look in that guide and learn if it was possible with the object editor, and how to do it.

I think it would be very beneficial for the SC2 mapping community if those who are already at work with creating custom maps in the editor could compile what they have already learned about the editor in one spot so that new and old mappers could use it as a source from which to learn.

I don't think I have the authority to start compiling the list, but if there were to be someone who could take up the job of overseeign such a project, I think it would be quite beneficial to the community, and would help everyone as a collective begin to understand the profoundly confusing data editor together.

Thanks for any comments.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.