DotA spell "Ion Shell"

3plX

Reaction score
Surrounds a target with energized spellwork, creating a shield that causes damage per second to enemy units who come in contact with it. Lasts 15 seconds
- 30/45/60/75 damage per second
Mana Cost: 3/4/5/6
Cooldown: 15

can some1 please help me make it

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
you can create a custom skill based off of lightning sheild in the object edtior, and you can find all those adjustable features in it,
it should be in object editor - ability
to create a custom skill, there's an icon near the top left, it's above destructible, and under module

3plX

Reaction score
yeah but, lighting shield damages your own units and shell doesn't. Sooo how can i fix that :confused:

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
thats a tough question, I can't find anything on object editor, so you might have to trigger it, bu i dont know the triggers sorry,
I'm pretty sure this isn't it, but it might be iunno
stats-targets allowed
then uncheck friend

A

Andy

thats a tough question, I can't find anything on object editor, so you might have to trigger it, bu i dont know the triggers sorry,
I'm pretty sure this isn't it, but it might be iunno
stats-targets allowed
then uncheck friend
Unchecking friend only makes the skill uncastable on friends - but it will still damage them.

Mike889

Reaction score
Simple, create a dummy skill ( a skill that dosen't do nothing ^^)
Then, create another dummy skill based of Permanent Immolation (Item one. Its icon is like Vladmirs Offering. Put into it 4 levels, each with its respective damage: 30/45/60/75).
Code:
Trigger:
Event: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition: Ability being cast equal to (your dummy skill)
Event: SET: Temp_Point = Position of Triggering Unit
Unit: Create 1 Dummy at Temp_point facing default blabla...
Unit: Add expiration timer that will expire in 15 seconds.
Unit: Add Permanent Immolation (Item) to last created unit
Unit: Set level of Permanent Immolation (Item) of last created unit to Level of Ion Shell of Triggering Unit
Unit: Issue Order targeting a unit- Order last created unit to move to target unit of ability being cast
custom script: call removelocation (udg_Temp_point)
That's it =D However I'm not with WE right now.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ill give u an idea on making this spell

first create a targeting spell like chain lightning, then create a trigger, if the spell is casted, create a timer that runs every 0.03 second or 0.02 second, then in that timer, pick every enemy unit groups around the targeted unit, then damage it, also create a timer in the actions that runs for 15 seconds, this timer controls the duration of the spell, now after the 15 seconds has expired, turn off the 0.02 second periodic timer so that it will not deal damage anymore, now destroy also the attached effect and done

Mike889

Reaction score
Nah, I think adding immolation is easier. That way he will need many periodic events, and if care is not taken leaks will appear every 0.02 seconds, meaning that in 15 seconds there will be more than 750 leaks. That will surely lag the map at some point.

Weyrling

Reaction score
Just use an invisible spellbook with permanent immolation in it.
With some simple usage of local variables and a loop you can make it remove itself after the buff disappears.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
a dummy unit with an immolation following the targeted unit?
thats not that accurate, i know how icefrog coded the spell

if u make a unit follow a unit the following unit will not always stick to the followed unit, theres like a 200 range distance

i would like to code the spell for you, but i always used jass for spell making, because it is more faster and safer

3plX

Reaction score
a dummy unit with an immolation following the targeted unit?
thats not that accurate, i know how icefrog coded the spell

if u make a unit follow a unit the following unit will not always stick to the followed unit, theres like a 200 range distance

i would like to code the spell for you, but i always used jass for spell making, because it is more faster and safer

uhh can you attach a map plzzzz

(i kinda suck at making triggers :eek: )

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yes i can, but you wont understand because it will be in jass....do u know jass?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
If you want to make it like DotA, then basically everything is triggered. Almost every single skill is triggered in DotA even though it might not seem like it. Like Sand King's Impale has a triggered move to position, raise up, and stun, and different damage intervals. You can't be attacked in a normal Impale, but you can be hit in Impales in DotA. Just a note. :D

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've seen the spell before, I think they use a negative base spell from Unholy Aura because it seems to decrease really smoothly instead periodic.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> negative base spell from Unholy Aura

In DotA, I believe this spell gives no buff. I think it's how the way waaks! described it. You need periodic event. In GUI, it's only possible to do it to MPI, I think.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.