how can i make a thick terrain

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
How could yours be a thin line if it isn't flat? You can see for your self that it has a hole for the water so therefore it is the same thing, you probably don't have your camera in the right place.

Look...

Same thing, move your camera around if you use water then it's going to look like that...

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
ok, i've tried many things...

setting initial level > no effect.

raising every single tile > no effect, still flat.

therefore leading me to my first conclusion:

it's just the illusion created by the camera bounds' black mask.
i've set my camera to that angle and got the illusion of it being 3d.

Choppa

Reaction score
Do you mean how the terrain has a bit of height to it at certain areas?

Tastyfish

Reaction score
From what I read when cryheart had the link to the hive forums, the thread was about a failing skybox or something the guy had made himself...

Why not ask him if he can give you the failed skybox/dome thingy? :p

cryheart

Reaction score
From what I read when cryheart had the link to the hive forums, the thread was about a failing skybox or something the guy had made himself...

Why not ask him if he can give you the failed skybox/dome thingy? :p

its not about the skybox, its the terrain which no one here seems to understand what im trying to say

Choppa

Reaction score
Do you mean you want to remove the black part? Because if that black part wasn't there then it would look like the smaller picture (so small it's hard to see what you're trying to describe)

cryheart

Reaction score
Do you mean you want to remove the black part? Because if that black part wasn't there then it would look like the smaller picture (so small it's hard to see what you're trying to describe)

erm.. do you fail to understand my english for some reason

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Erm... do you fail to describe your problem properly for some reason?

I, for one, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Repeatedly saying 'look at this!!!!!!!' does not help. If you tried actually speaking in English then the people replying in this thread may have a better chance of understanding you.

Pictures speak a thousand words... except when they don't.

cryheart

Reaction score
Erm... do you fail to describe your problem properly for some reason?

I, for one, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Repeatedly saying 'look at this!!!!!!!' does not help. If you tried actually speaking in English then the people replying in this thread may have a better chance of understanding you.

Pictures speak a thousand words... except when they don't.

the picture in the first post has a so called 'thick' terrain as you can see which is what i'm trying to create.

i have no clue on trying to make something like that and where the hell did i usse 'look at this!!!!!!!'

saw792

Reaction score
cryheart said:
i have no clue on trying to make something like that and where the hell did i usse 'look at this!!!!!!!'
Right here:
cryheart said:
the picture in the first post has a so called 'thick' terrain as you can see which is what i'm trying to create.

Sounds a lot like a 'look at this' to me.

Clearly we can't see what you are trying to create, or this thread would not have got onto the third page.

Tastyfish

Reaction score
I think he means that the terrain looks like it is shaped like a... Carton box lid.

A box without a bottom and very short sides.
The camera is positioned outside the lid and caught a glimpse of the "walls".

boxes with lids... xD :
storage%20box.jpg

PS. I think you're rather rude towards people that are willingly trying to help you...

Choppa

Reaction score
I took the liberty of making you a demo map where the terrain isn't flat...

saw792

Reaction score
You clearly didn't read my posts properly. I asked you to explain (in words!) what it was exactly you wanted, as nobody yet understands what it is you are trying to achieve.

Of course I am trying to help. Some people just won't be helped. Don't flame me in your own thread for (voluntarily) attempting to help you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.