Life in Lordaeron - Beta Testers Needed!

Mind

Reaction score
When you use some abilities or items, your hero is "paused" for 10 seconds, because casting the ability takes time.

You have to stand near the unit with the exclamation mark over its' head in order to have him send a message when you click on it.

D

Death Knight

The waterfalls don't appear from nowhere; You just can't see the rivers behind the boundary.
Now your wrong, you CAN see through the boundary.

Grass can't grow under the floor fundaments of the buildings, but can easily overgrow them.
I could be wrong, but fundaments are usually made of rock or concrete, and grass doens't grow there.

But, eh, what leaderboard are you talking about?
The one in the init triggers (forgot which one)

What's unnatural about straight cliffs? Perhaps I misunderstood?
Have you ever seen a cliff that runs straight. Like nature used an erasor (spelling?). + it ends just before the boundary, also making it look unatural.

Personally I don't like cliffs at water either, but that is unchangable in your map. An advise for a next one, first flood the whole level, then raise the terrain. At the place you want a river, just lower the terrain and you got a more natural looking river.

Mind

Reaction score
Now your wrong, you CAN see through the boundary.

Yes, but very unclear. Anyhow, the waterfall does not appear out of nowhere.
Anyhow, I did my best to make it look more realistic.

I could be wrong, but fundaments are usually made of rock or concrete, and grass doens't grow there.

Bits of dirt falls on the floor tiles, and grass grows on it.

Have you ever seen a cliff that runs straight. Like nature used an erasor (spelling?). + it ends just before the boundary, also making it look unatural.

Uh, I never saw any cliff.

Where is it cliff supposed to end?

Also, exactly where is the cliff straight? I never found a cliff that was large enough in my map to attach a "cliff ruined" doodad to.

Personally I don't like cliffs at water either, but that is unchangable in your map. An advise for a next one, first flood the whole level, then raise the terrain. At the place you want a river, just lower the terrain and you got a more natural looking river.

Damned. I should have thought of this sooner… Pity this crude world editor does not allow me to replace those cliffs by ramps.
It's too late now. I cannot adjust this. :(

I don't think the cliffs adjectant to the river make the river look unnatural, but that does unfortunatly not count for the coast.

If I used your method, I could have made lakes a lot easier. As a result, it would also have more lakes.

As I said, I like my beta testers to be as criticizing as possible…
But, uh, that's rather unaccurately expressed. I wish my beta testers to note all things worth being noted. Including the good things. It feels kind of frustrating when a beta tester only reports bad things about my map, the result of many weeks of hard work.

D

Death Knight

right sorry..

But the town looks really good, you gotta know that. I'll send you a screenshot of the cliffs I mentioned.

Also you must know that no map maker finished a map, tested it and found no mistakes. I can make a normal size map in 10 hours, and then spend another 3 days on fine-tuning it untill it's really good.

When I'm gonna actually play the map isn't sure, got really tied up with some personal stuff so..

Anyways, good luck!

Mind

Reaction score
So you can make a medium sized map in barely 6 days? Supposedly, it's rather incomplete in that case, then.
A Scream For Vengeance, one of my previous maps, took weeks to complete. Its' map size description was "Small".

Edit : Have you noticed that we both speak dutch as mother language?

V

vito

I tested Your map. Its very good. I would like to say that terrein is very nice(and very big)

About items i would like to say this:

1. Casting time of items
- Its to long. I would shorter it to about 4 sec.
- It happens sometimes to me that my hero
freeze not only for 10 sec. but forever.

2. Unbalance items. In same shop are seling
-two items with different cost,
but same effect
-two items with same cost,
but one is better then other

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
This map may not be released yet.

rig your map to fail if there is more than 1 human player in the game. convert the trigger to jass and hide it somewhere.

D

Death Knight

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna be able to play the entire map.

Anyway, good luck Mind (dus jij spreekt ook nederlands hè :D)

Mind

Reaction score
In my experience, it always takes at least two weeks to test one of my maps. Strange that this does not happen to other map designers who wish others to test or rate their map.

The later my map is tested, obviously, the later it will be released.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Oh no no, it does happen.

You know how many &*$%ing times I've played Ryoko TD? I almost hate it - LOL.

And each test I write down about 20 things to change. And I have to keep track of how hard each level is, compare it to the armor and hp chart, etc.

And I have five races. So if I spend a couple days balancing the creeps to say, DEATH, and its all good, earth will die miserably and fire will crush everything.

I even used math equations all over the place. Tower cooldown * attack damage * criticals + abilities = cost

And creeps life vs armor too. Still hard.

Its rough man! Gotta do it though.

D

Death Knight

yeah usually I test the maps myself. And sometimes it really sucks. All the time you find new bugs and wrong things, it just isn't normal anymore! But with a level as big as yours, it has to take a lot of time. It doesn't matter if it comes out late, it does matter that there are no bugs!

This is why Blizzard takes so much time on their games. It must pass perfection. And the games do. ALL the games Blizzard made are made of pure gold!

D

Disconnector

yeah, i usually test the maps myself, but the problem is, with TDs for example, if you make it alone and test it alone, it will obviously only be tested for 1 player..... yeah it sucks, and since i bet everyone that tested your map ( i did ) in player 1 positions, half the bugs will be noticed in multiplayer... ( i recommend testing it with whe helper.net ppl first i bet many would be glad to)

The bad news......

items like Fish and meat are imbalanced // fish 2 charges - heals 50 in total costs 25 , the meat also heals 50 in total and costs 50 ..... and if you use a fish it auto uses the other charge... also it pauses you forever...

2nd -- the pause system after spells is a REAL funkiller.... it sucks to see your hero pause.. and stay paused.. also waiting sucks...... i'd change it to real cast time..

3rd. the torch cant be used

4th a lot of items have charges but cant be used

5th player one owns the bet seller

6th heal wards use all 3 if one gets used and pause the hero

7th (little optical mistake) i can see lightening (fade) but hear no thunder, or rain (that dont matter though)

8th the race takes place in fog of war

the good news....

i only managed to test your map a little, so the bad news is short...

no, joke, the map is real cool, it there the bugs are squished i bet maaaanny people would love to play it.. great items, great ideas, great work..

Mind

Reaction score
First of all, thank you very much for beta testing my level.

1. The food items are well balanced. The fish has 2 charges and heals 25 damage, and costs as much as a ham roast, which contains 1 charge and heals 50 damage.

2. It only takes 10 seconds to the weaponsmith to forge a sword or shield… Can you forge a weapon in 10 seconds? :)
Ok, I'll decrease the duration to 2.5 seconds.

3. Why not? What's wrong with it? Can't you use it by clicking on it, or doesn't there appear a torch attached to the user's hand?

4. You must be referring to malt, hop, purpleleaf, tealweed, curlherb and sparkbulb? They're not supposed to be actively used.

5. Adjusted.

6. Peculiar. I have not been able to fix this bug.

7. Strange. it should rain when the lightning strikes.

The "lightningbolt1.wav" sound variable was a 3D sound. Not anymore. It should work now.

8. Fixed.

V

vito

i told him many of this things :)
but i havent told him many things u told him :(

as i said Hero"stop"sistem"for"ten"second is realy bugd:mad:
i hope u will repare it soon

:D and i hope u dont get sad becouse of criticisem:D

:p i told u just bad thinks becouse if i want to tell u good things i would have to write more than three pages:p

Mind

Reaction score
as i said Hero"stop"sistem"for"ten"second is realy bugd

Bugged? I thought it was only bugging?

Disconnector, could you describe the circumstances during the error concerning the Healing Wards you experienced? I still haven't found what causes the remaining Healing Wards to be removed.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Moderate note.

When pausing and unpausing units between my mini games. After 1.15 was released, If a unit was already selected, and you unpaused it, nothing would change. I then found if you click somehere else, then click the unit again, it was okay. Odd.

There was no documenation about any of this in the 1.15 update. So I have no idea. But of the 100 times I played in on battle net before, it never once did that.

So after each unpause, I reselect the unit for the player. It seemed to take the bug away. It still does it if I dont.

This would only happen to me if you unpaused a unit thats currently selected.

Seeing as I pause and unpause every game, and every level, it was a MAJOR workaround.

Not to mention, it was not 100%. So it would happen to 1 or 2 players per minigame. You can only imaging the anger from players.

Mind

Reaction score
Uh, why am I making things unnecessarily complicated? Why couldn't I just change the casting time to 2.5?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.