Life in Lordaeron - Beta Testers Needed!

Mind

Reaction score
Finally, after 49 days (including 35 days of my vacation), my ultimatum is ready:
Life in Lordaeron.

I need some people to test this map thoroughly… However, I want it to be done in single player first. This map may not be released yet.

Please be as criticizing as possible. Report everything, criticize even the good things.

Edit: If you download the map to test or play it, please tell me.

R

Raz-u

hm u want tester they arent hard to find i want to be tester

Mind

Reaction score
All are more then welcome to test my map. You don't have to ask permission.
I just want to know who downloads my map from this topic, because I'm rather anxious about having my map stolen.
Especially in this state, it would break my soul if someone respectless and cruel enough would crush the result of many, many weeks of very hard work.

V

vito

ffs i cant start it in sigelplayer

whan i click Start game nothing hapen

V

vito

and i downlodet it 2 times thougt that maybi now will work
but it i not working:(

Mind

Reaction score
Odd.
It did work to me. Perhaps you need to wait a few seconds?

Odd.
When I attached the map to the thread, it was in fact to large to be attached. Yet, strangely, it could be uploaded… Perhaps it's incompletely uploaded?

It doesn't matter. I've tested my level myself already. The level will be released soon.

Mind

Reaction score
Unfortunatly, the file is also too large to be attached to an e-mail.

Edit : Too large to be attached to an e-mail with the crude Hotmail system, I mean. This is not a problem at all, fortunatly, for the Yahoo system.

Done.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
uhh, ive downloaded it but its not working for me, i think it may have something to do with the file being .w3x, warcraft 3 doesnt seem to recognise the file, and doesnt give it the normal 'map icon'. ive attatched a screenie of the icons.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
oh right ok, im getting that tommorow, ty. :)

edit -- shall i delete the message then? ive kinda made a fool of myself...

D

Death Knight

hèhè..

I opened the map in WE, which was at first a big mistake. My comp nearly crashed because of the size! Really nice town and all.

But here are some things (note that I'm only critizizing (pff that's some baad english) and trying to help you)

This is all concerning terraining:
Now I haven't been going through the total map, but I noticed ruined house next to not-ruined houses. Looks a bit odd to me.
Waterfalls appear out of nothing, which also looks weird.
Cliff edges are straight, looking unnatural. Furthermore I can only say that the town looks real good.

And there is a little mistake in the leaderboard (at least I think) because in the trigger editor it says <empty string>.

I'm gonna play the map tommorow, gotta finish my own map making first :D.

==edit==
if the houses are ment to be ruined, then I suggest you replace the grass underneath with rock or dirt, because grass usually doesn't grow underneath ruined housed :p

Mind

Reaction score
The not-ruined buildings next to the ruined buildings are also abandoned, but not completely destroyed yet.

The waterfalls don't appear from nowhere; You just can't see the rivers behind the boundary.

Grass can't grow under the floor fundaments of the buildings, but can easily overgrow them.

No, there's no mistake with the leaderboard. It's not supposed to have a title, I remember…
But, eh, what leaderboard are you talking about?

What's unnatural about straight cliffs? Perhaps I misunderstood?

I appreciate your criticism. Keep it up like that.

As I said, I recently tested my map myself. The amount of bugs was staggering. More then one and a half large A4 sheets where filled with reported bugs.

V

vito

very large and nice map but...

I dont know.. but if u test it maybe something wrong with my warcraft.. it is giving me problems sometimes.. maybe better to reinstal it..

Becouse when i lunch map all is doing OK but...
-when i use a item my hero cant move anymore,
like i lose comand of it..
-second when i click on a unit with explamation
(i dont know how to sbel this(!)) mark i have to
wait about a minute to recieve massage

S

sATARa

WoW Mind, so its done :) ? GJ man, you`re fast hehe...
Ill be testing it tommorow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.