Life in Lordaeron - Beta Testers Needed!

Mind

Reaction score
1)(to start off with less important stuff) the banshee spawn animation will cause slower pcs a big "start lagg" , the game should start 5-10 seconds delayed for the slow pcs to "recover" --this is just a tipp and isnt important

Well, that's too bad. But I won't delete the animation. I intend to make the map - especially the start - look very impressive.

2 ) Heal ward sells (like many other things) too expensive

The healing ward is a standard item. I won't tinker with the prices of standard items unnecessarily…

selling the one at the start gives a player 300 wich can be used for overpowered items

What do you mean? 300 what?

3) herbs with charges just looks like you can use them ( it would be beter without)

the 250 prize muney is bugged it returns 2000 if you win

The price of the ticket is 250. If you win the game, you win 2000. It works fine.

I appreciate your criticism, but I think I'd rather prefer not to change the number of charges.

5a) bears drop meat wich cant be picked up

If I'm correct, I fixed this saturday.

5c) players can attack bears( it imbalances)

The attacked bear is healed automatically when attacked.

5d) players can cast on bears

I'll add spell immunity to the the Bear Champion's abilities list.

6) the tent graphic is bugged

That's not my fault, but Blizzard's fault.

7 ) whats up with the massive meat stash, its sooo lame

I fixed this recently. I'm not entirely sure what massive amounts of meat caused to appear out of nowhere, but it should be fixed now.

8) the tent is also only accesible from one angle

You don't need to access the hunter's tent.

9) Explosives overpowered ???

They are also not to cheap. And they won't simply explode when someone comes close, but when it is destroyed, which makes it hard to make the explosives explode at the right moment without harming your own units.

10) the panda stays silent when i try to talk to him

You didn't stand close enough. I'll expand that region.

11) the horse race winner gets no $

Strange. It should work fine.

So far, you've been my very best beta tester, Disconnector. Thank you very much.

NoxMortus, vito and Raz-u, why haven't you tested my map yet? You told me you would…

I still miss something which will add more possibilities and abilities to my map.

D

Disconnector

1 . yeah ur right

2 ) Heal ward sells (like many other things) too expensive
selling the one at the start gives a player 300 wich can be used for overpowered items

there are heal wards at the start that can be sold for 300 gold.... they can be abused

the tents are truly not your fault

the bear is kewl

srry for the criticism, dont take me seriously

V

vito

sorry Mind. I told you i should test your map. I have downloadet it on my comp. and i begin testing and as i remember i send u some description of version of your map. When u posted new version i downloadet it too but.... i had full hands with testing Ryoko TD and creating my map and... .. .... school (i hate this building!:mad: ) but today i will have a look of it:)

Mind

Reaction score
All right.

To those who have played my map already:
Should my map require a larger forest, infested by creeps? I want my map to have the flavor of an RPG.

V

vito

hm expanding for making space for creeps full area
that shoul be nice

Mind

Reaction score
Ordinary creep camps are not exciting enough. The Labyrinth of the Diabolical Sect, at the other hand, is fun to beat.

Unfortunatly, I'm out of inspiration for dungeons like the labyrinth I mentioned. Any ideas?

V

vito

hm is it possible to create another map like in a bonus campagn?

In your case it would create a small land thats a labyrint fuul of creeps. U start i middle of it and have to find way out. that should be great;) ;)

Mind

Reaction score
You can't connect to maps to eachother in multi-player maps, if that's what your referring to.

Unfortunatly, this, combined with the fact that you would be able to look over walls - Until you use countless Line of Sight Blockers - makes it hard to build a decent maze.

The Labyrinth of the Diabolical Sect is not a maze, but it has many traps like a labyrinth.

Mind

Reaction score
Oh no. I forgot that I nearly exceeded the amount of destructibles. I cannot expand the forest. Sigh.

Still, something should make the game feel more adventurous and exciting. Perhaps I could add creeps blocking the city's streets?

S

sATARa

Well if you didnt exceed the doodad limit, real doodads are less memory consuming than destructibles.
It is generaly always a good idea to use doodads instead of destructibles where ever you can... but it isnt a big deal if you dont, from my experience.

S

sATARa

Hey Mind, heres an idea...
Why dont you make that map a custom filter, and when a player types -map, it covers his screen for a few seconds.
Oh wait... does the regular editor support filters for one player?

Mind

Reaction score
No, fade filters do not apply to specific players in the Standard World Editor.

The ignorant B. Wood didn't even listen to my request to modify that action; It has not been fixed in the version of the world editor which has been released shortly after I send my issues to the authors of the Standard World Editor.

S

sATARa

Hmm well the WEU does so if you want i could try to do it for you and then convert it to jass...
What do you think?

S

sATARa

No, no... i wouldnt conver your whole map to jass, just the trigger that does this.
I think it wouldnt be too complicated really... so its your choice
Also, it appear that WEU is not completely trustworthy.
Heh and whats that supposed to mean, those guys have no idea what they are saying :p
In anycase you wouldnt be using WEU. This would be just one trigger, completly independent of other weu stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.