Life in Lordaeron - Beta Testers Needed!

cryptfriend

Reaction score
Wow! This map is very good!!! Like it a lot! I found one bug tho... When I used healing wards my unit freezed and I had to repick. Very good map, this is going to be famouse I think!

V

vito

i havent find out exsatly. but it happens sometimes when i use an item.. i think someone mention this before...

Mind

Reaction score
I deleted all unnecessary pause actions. Units should only be paused when cooking a meal as cook or during a cinematic now.

I did not find any pause actions related to items. Strange.

I really need ideas which could give my map a flavor unlike any LoaP, which would make it feel more… adventurous.

The soldier and hunter jobs, for exemple, are a good start. But there should be something that should keep a lot of strife in the game.

V

vito

if u fixst some thinks, can i get this "new version" of it, to see if things on this brillant map are perfect

Mind

Reaction score
Brilliant? Perfect? Are you just being sarcastic, or are you blowing over to encourage me?

I will post the map to Ryoko, so that you can download and play it.

[corrupt attachment removed]

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
First I'll say, this is an incredibly impressive map.

Very detail town. Very thourough tips. Excellent quest menu help. Amazing terrain and layout. Its very cool how you can 'talk' to people and interact with the map.

This is a really, good map.

Tom played blue, which is like town security. John played the bandits. Then I played blue. There are some things to be desired.

Note, my comments may be ignorant; maybe I just didn't find a way to do some of these things yet......But to a first time player, thats important!!

-First, the black mask. I fully agree with using fog of war. The map would be ruined if you could see the other teams. But black mask? Black mask is pretty hated. Its like, oh man, I have to explore all this? Sigh. If blue guards the city, you would think blue at least knows what the city looks like? The city defenses have to explore there own place.... hmmmm... grrrr.

-At the very start, there was a fight. Almost like the blue units and the bandits were right next to eachother. We wern't in the game less than a minute before losing most of our units.

-There was a way gate and a 'Mediv' character standing there. We tried to talk to him, but selecting him didn't do anything. We had a LOT of units around him too. So, tom went through the waygate. Alright, theres a room wtih four portals, and nothing more. Had about 12 units locked up forever with no way out. We checked the quests menu and tried typing in the gate commands, but nothing happened. So I attacked my hero, thinking I could at least get him out and revive him. Wrong. Cant, because....

-Blues starts with his food WAY over his max food. We found no way of making more farms, so I was without a hero for the rest of the game. That was seriously dissapointing.

-So lets attack bandits, to bring out food cap down. Man, without any effort, I wiped everything john had. It was a cakewalk. The bandits have a 'fixed position' camp, so its not like he can hide, move, or rebuild.

-Now john has no tents. Uh, theres no way to make more. So thats game over, I guess. Theres no peon worker or any way to buy more tents. Having zero tents, all john had was his hero. He had 3000$ and couldn't make ANYTHING. Thats kinda BS, having a hero, and money, but no way of ever recovering or buying more units.

-Again, the bandit camp is fixed. So next game, I just took all the blue units and won right off the start. Cakewalk.

-You can't choose your hero. You have to use a fixed, assigned hero. Would be nice if there were some options, like maybe 2 or 3 to pick from. It gets repetitive when you have to use the same hero over and over again.

-The bandit is a rogue, melee character. Fights hand to hand. Yet, he has a BS caster spell, monsoon. Which doesn't make much sense. I guess, it doesn't matter, because the bandits didn't stand a chance anyway. They were seriously out numbered. He couldnt make more because, he had capped his food (see previous note) Monsoon? How fair is that?

-Love the map. The only thing that didn't seem to 'fit' your terrain, is this area where crazy monsters are in these pens, or cliffed 'nooks'. It looked a little odd when I walked by.

Mind

Reaction score
First of all, thank you very much for testing my level.

-First, the black mask. I fully agree with using fog of war. The map would be ruined if you could see the other teams. But black mask? Black mask is pretty hated. Its like, oh man, I have to explore all this? Sigh. If blue guards the city, you would think blue at least knows what the city looks like? The city defenses have to explore there own place.... hmmmm... grrrr.

I don't think black mask is hated.
Its like, oh man, I can explore all this?

Also, you can buy maps from Cervin the Mapmaker. I'll add a hint message which recommends to buy maps. I'll also decrease the map cost.

Remember, there are player who don't like revealed maps. The main problem with revealed maps is that you don't know where you haven't been yet.

The City's Defenses will be able to see the entire city soon.

I'll also spread a few Glyphs of Omniscience through the map.

-At the very start, there was a fight. Almost like the blue units and the bandits were right next to eachother. We wern't in the game less than a minute before losing most of our units.

I thought a small fight in the start would be interesting. I didn't see that this could escalate. I'll adjust this soon.

-There was a way gate and a 'Mediv' character standing there. We tried to talk to him, but selecting him didn't do anything. We had a LOT of units around him too. So, tom went through the waygate. Alright, theres a room wtih four portals, and nothing more. Had about 12 units locked up forever with no way out. We checked the quests menu and tried typing in the gate commands, but nothing happened. So I attacked my hero, thinking I could at least get him out and revive him. Wrong. Cant, because....

You mean the apprentice wizard, probably?

-Blues starts with his food WAY over his max food. We found no way of making more farms, so I was without a hero for the rest of the game. That was seriously dissapointing.

I see what's my mistake. Only the citizens can talk to other units. And only citizens should be allowed to play the gladiator game. However, the other forces are allowed to use the waygate.

-So lets attack bandits, to bring out food cap down. Man, without any effort, I wiped everything john had. It was a cakewalk. The bandits have a 'fixed position' camp, so its not like he can hide, move, or rebuild.

I'll rebalance the teams.

-Now john has no tents. Uh, theres no way to make more. So thats game over, I guess. Theres no peon worker or any way to buy more tents. Having zero tents, all john had was his hero. He had 3000$ and couldn't make ANYTHING. Thats kinda BS, having a hero, and money, but no way of ever recovering or buying more units.

Now that's wrong. You can hire mercenaries and buy tents from the miscellaneous shop in the right top of the game.

-Again, the bandit camp is fixed. So next game, I just took all the blue units and won right off the start. Cakewalk.

As I said, I'll rebalance this soon.

-You can't choose your hero. You have to use a fixed, assigned hero. Would be nice if there were some options, like maybe 2 or 3 to pick from. It gets repetitive when you have to use the same hero over and over again.

Yes. You can only choose a hero as citizen. I'll see what I can do.

-The bandit is a rogue, melee character. Fights hand to hand. Yet, he has a BS caster spell, monsoon. Which doesn't make much sense. I guess, it doesn't matter, because the bandits didn't stand a chance anyway. They were seriously out numbered. He couldnt make more because, he had capped his food (see previous note) Monsoon? How fair is that?

Admiral Proudmoore, a hero in the bonus campaign, is a melee unit as well. Yet, he also has the monsoon ability in the second act: "Old Hatreds".

"How fair is that"? It's certainly not too weak at all. At the contrar- Wait. That's what you're referring to, right?

-Love the map. The only thing that didn't seem to 'fit' your terrain, is this area where crazy monsters are in these pens, or cliffed 'nooks'. It looked a little odd when I walked by.

The Holding Cells are really, really necessary. This Eredar Archfiend can escape, you see, and cause havoc in the town. When this happens, which is not likely at all, all teams must try to kill it. Who does is rewarded well. It kills the tedium.

I think that the most unrealistic thing in my level are the breeding ground, which where build on, uh, a sand-bank, mainly because of lack of space.

S

sATARa

Oh Mind map, i just saw the map, and i must say... you`ve done one hell of a job.
You really inspired me.

I wont be able to ive you any creative advice right away, since im a bit busy right now... and im also testing Ryoko TD, but man my first impressons are that you really, really did a great job :D

Keep it up ;)

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Revisions seem fair enough. Some small comments:

-Remember, if the three of us cannot figure out how to get food / tents, how is anyone supposed to

-Can the bandits rebuild say, somewhere else on the map? Maybe outside the city or something? That way if they get crushed, they can run, and set up a camp the others don't know about? :) Some areas to create things.... In a real simulation, thats what I would do :)

-We still have no idea how to get out of that way gate room.

Mind

Reaction score
-Remember, if the three of us cannot figure out how to get food / tents, how is anyone supposed to

Well, when I read that you failed to find out how to get more supplies in order to hire more mercennaries or train more troops, I was about to write a trigger that would display a hint message which would tell where you could buy tents.

-Can the bandits rebuild say, somewhere else on the map? Maybe outside the city or something? That way if they get crushed, they can run, and set up a camp the others don't know about? :) Some areas to create things.... In a real simulation, thats what I would do :)

Hmmph… It would spoil the gameplay, I fear, if you could expend you base.

-We still have no idea how to get out of that way gate room.

Normally, you would receive a scroll of town portal when arriving in the gladiator arena…

I'm about to create an initially enabled visibility modifier at the Observatory, which is almost in the middle, fort Player 2. However, I have no idea how large it should be. Perhaps 25000?

Yet, now the beta testing is complete, I feel very doubtfull about releasing my map… Are all bugs cleansed from the map? And how will I sufficiently release this map? I can't host any maps for some reason.

Edit: I have decided, although I am unsure how, to release my map monday.

V

vito

if i get that last version i will try to create it many many time...

yes i think firewall is not alowing u to host map (i had to disable it)

Mind

Reaction score
My Firewall is, sadly, already disabled.

I made a map of Drandarm, by using the "view entire map" feature. Pity that fade filters cannot be applied for a specific player. Otherwise, I would be able to make the map pop up in the game when you use an item.

Uh, what did your roomates son mean with "If there was a fire, it could all burn down?"

D

Disconnector

i seriously urge you to another week of beta testing, your map will not be played with this mass of bugs.. in a release version there should be NO bugs found... (even if there are a few)

heres a list for the ones i found in 10 minutes (and theyre real funkillers)

1)(to start off with less important stuff) the banshee spawn animation will cause slower pcs a big "start lagg" , the game should start 5-10 seconds delayed for the slow pcs to "recover" --this is just a tipp and isnt important

2 ) Heal ward sells (like many other things) too expensive
selling the one at the start gives a player 300 wich can be used for overpowered items

3) herbs with charges just looks like you can use them ( it would be beter without)

4) add a "hint" for the jobs

5) THE BEAR FIGHT - this is one of the bugged things i found

5a) bears drop meat wich cant be picked up

5b) the 250 prize muney is bugged it returns 2000 if you win

5c) players can attack bears( it imbalances)

5d) players can cast on bears

5e) the bear that wins starts with less life in the second duel
making sure he will loose the next one

bugged bears huh

6) the tent graphic is bugged

7 ) whats up with the massive meat stash, its sooo lame

8) the tent is also only accesible from one angle

9) Explosives overpowered ???

10) the panda stays silent when i try to talk to him

11) the horse race winner gets no $$

12) and many more ... i just havent time to test further, i will though i got 1/10 of the map done

but i spent 1 hour on the map and despite the bugs it was fun

so stay at it and make this map perfect before you release it

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.