Map Crashing at 20% Load

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
I understand that when you get to around 20% of the loading bar the game runs the map initialization triggers. Well, in the latest version of my map the loading bar reaches 20%, stays there for a fairly long time and then crashes WC3. The more recent version of my map does not have this problem, and I have not altered the map initialization trigger at all between the two versions.

Does anyone know what else could cause a problem like this? This is extremely frustrating.

Thanks for any help.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
prehaps a (at 0 seconds trigger) starts and it divides by zero, appearing that it crash's before it finishes loading.

Edit*

Try this. If possible turn off or remove them. and see if it starts. if thats the case, then you know where your problem is at.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
prehaps a (at 0 seconds trigger) starts and it divides by zero, appearing that it crash's before it finishes loading.

Edit*

Try this. If possible turn off or remove them. and see if it starts. if thats the case, then you know where your problem is at.

Already tried turning off the map init trigger and it still doesn't work. I'll try with some of the 0.00 second ones.

EDIT: I changed the map initialization trigger to trigger off 0.00 seconds of game time. The load bar then paused for quite a long time at that map initialization point, but then proceeded. It's not really necessary to have that trigger at map initialization so it's all good if I keep it that way. However I'd still like to know why the hell that was happening =\.

EDIT 2: Ok, nevermind, it's still happening. After turning off all 3 triggers that run at map init/0.00/0.01 seconds of game time, the map loaded. Turning them off individually still crashed the map. How big does a map initialization trigger have to be for it to crash the game? =\

EDIT 3: OKAY. Now I have turned off ALL THREE triggers and the map still crashes. What the hell is going on -_-

istar

Reaction score
erm... perhaps the problem is not there then... well best way is slowly disable each trigger till it works and narrow down the faulty one(s)
i know of a map with over 20k lines of pure custom script, it loads slow like damn but it didnt crash, so i pretty sure the game can handle
depends on your comp too though

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
erm... perhaps the problem is not there then... well best way is slowly disable each trigger till it works and narrow down the faulty one(s)
i know of a map with over 20k lines of pure custom script, it loads slow like damn but it didnt crash, so i pretty sure the game can handle
depends on your comp too though

My comps definitely good enough :p.

I resorted to going back to an earlier version and redoing the changes I made. Thanks anyway :).

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
My comps definitely good enough :p.

I resorted to going back to an earlier version and redoing the changes I made. Thanks anyway :).

If you turned all triggers off, it could seem like your map might be corrupted. Had the same, except that my triggers just stopped functioning at all, and it didn't show an error :(.

Also had to start over. Good luck though,
-Lindenkron

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> The load bar then paused for quite a long time

Sounds like an endless loop...

> How big does a map initialization trigger have to be for it to crash the game?

About one line.
Like "Unit - Create 1 Footman at (Center of <region>) for Player 1 (Red) facing Default

And some trigger like:
Event:
- A unit enters <region>
Conditions:
Actions:
- Unit - Create 1 Footman at (Position of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) facing Default

Kahiera

Reaction score
like istar said, the best thing to do would probably to try each trigger to find the faulty one. what i think would be best, is to test each trigger before you progress. it is better to work on one thing at a time, make sure that it works perfectly, than do a bunch at once, then find an error, not knowing what you did to cause it.

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You may be calling a unit that you have deleted, you should check that your not trying to call a random unit.

As if it doesn't exist it'll just try to kill itself >.>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.