Need help with slide triggers

Fir3l0rD

Reaction score
OK so i have a trigger written for a slide.

Code:
White Marble
Events-every 0.04 Seconds
Conditions
Actions- Set temp_group(0)= (units of type (unit type))
            Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group(0) and do (actions)
                  Loop-Actions
                          Set temp_point(0) = (position of (picked unit))
                          If (all conditions are true) then do (then actions) else do (else actions)
                               If Conditions
                               Terrain type at temp_point(0) Equal to Cityscape-white marble
                               ((Picked unit) is alive) equal to true
                         Then actions
                       Unit-move (picked unit) instantly to (temp_point(0) offset by 11.00 towards (facing of(picked unit)) degrees)
                            Custom Script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_group(0))
                            Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point(0))

Else actions-
                                       Do nothing

Not sure why i made the variables arrays but it shouldn't matter

Basically, if i set the time so that the slide is smooth and looks good, i cannot turn my unit. If i make the time interval slower, i'm able to turn my unit decently while sliding, but it choppy and he like blinks along.

What is the best code for a smooth slide trigger that gives you the ability to change the direction of your units?

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
perhaps you will have to increase the turning rate of your unit, while it slides...
It may than be able to change direction while sliding, but just a guess...

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
make a boolean variable called Sliding or something, and set it to True when the unit is sliding, and set it to False when the unit stops sliding. in a new trigger, add the events Unit targets an object/a unit/a point. if (Boolean variable) = True, set temppt = Target point of issued order, or position of target unit of issued order, and make ur unit face that point over # seconds

Fir3l0rD

Reaction score
make a boolean variable called Sliding or something, and set it to True when the unit is sliding, and set it to False when the unit stops sliding. in a new trigger, add the events Unit targets an object/a unit/a point. if (Boolean variable) = True, set temppt = Target point of issued order, or position of target unit of issued order, and make ur unit face that point over # seconds

I was trying this, one problem, I cant set a variable to "when a unit is sliding" because the editor doesnt know what sliding is. This idea is good, i just need to know how to set the variable correctly.

Fir3l0rD

Reaction score
in your if/then/else function, add Set <Boolean variable> equal to true in the Then part. in the else part, add Set <Boolean variable> equal to false. that way, itll be true when ur unit is on sliding terrain, and false when the unit isnt on sliding terrain.

how can i make a condition set to "if unit is sliding"

Sinan2

Reaction score
If terrain in TempPoint(Location of unit) equal to (Your Terrain Here) then set Sliding=True else do set Sliding=False

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
1) make the boolean variable, name it whatever you want

2) in the then part of ur if/then/else in the posted trigger, set the above
variable to TRUE

3) in the else part of if/then/else of posted trigger, set the above variable to FALSE

4) in a totally new trigger, add the event Unit is issued an order targetting a point, and targetting a unit.

4 part 2) add the condition - (the boolean variable we made at the beginning) equal to true

5) add an if/then else to this new trigger, with condition (target unit of issued order equal to no unit)

6) in the Then part of this new if/then/else, set a point variable (call it temppoint for example) at target point of issued order

6 part 2) in the Else part of this new If/then/else, set a point variable (temppoint) to position of target unit of issued order.

7) make (sliding unit, it needs to be stored in a variable) face temppoint over (whatever amount of time you want it to take for the turn to be complete) seconds

8) add this line OUTSIDE the if/then/ese of the new trigger - Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)

WE doesnt actually have something to check if the unit is sliding, since the unit technically isnt sliding (just being moved instantly, very often) so we make a work-around for it

if that doesnt explain if to you, i dont kno wat will

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I did not make this tool, but it is helpful for this kind of stuff.
Also does other maze triggers for you.

Attachments

• MazeTriggers v1.4b.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 118
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.