Question

Lmfaocj

Reaction score
I have a question, does this leek?
Trigger:
  • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Current order of (Attacking unit)) Not equal to (!=) (Order(attack))
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
      • Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s attack animation
    • Else - Actions

I am asking because when I use "Unit - A unit Is attacked" for some reason it still goes of it I click attack then click a point the trigger still runs ex.
Trigger:
  • Mana Steal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Mana Steal for (Attacking unit)) Greater than (>) 0
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = ((Life of (Triggering unit)) x (((Real((Level of Mana Steal for (Attacking unit)))) x 0.01) + 0.02))
      • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + TempReal)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((+ + (String(AATempInteger))) + Mana) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 6.50, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 126.86 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds

Attachments

• asdasda.jpg
    asdasda.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 123

Rakaesa

Reaction score
So you mean the action keeps repeating itself? I'd say all you have to do is put the action "Trigger- Turn off This Trigger" at the end, but then you wouldn't be able to re-use it again..Huh..Thats my only solution at the moment, though.

Lmfaocj

Reaction score
So you mean the action keeps repeating itself?

No, it's the fact that my I didn't hurt the unit or anything all I did was click "a (hot key for attack)" then click the ground over and over with out touching the enemy unit.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
It is a problem with the event. Unit - A unit is attacked occurs as the animation starts before the damage. It is abusable, as you can easily animation cancel, or stop the attack by tapping the S key (stop) or by rapidly clicking something else.

The only way you can get past this fault, is to use a damage detection system. With a damage detection system you get an event Unit - a unit takes damage, which is more accurate and stops abuse.

Lmfaocj

Reaction score
Thank you, so much. I thought of doing like that but never thought it would work.

Edit: But how would I make it so that only attack damage, actives the trigger.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Edit: But how would I make it so that only attack damage, actives the trigger.
While I myself am not perfectly sure, others are much more knowledgable than I am.

You can try looking at this system made by Jesus4Lyf. It detects damage dealt and has the capability to detect the type of damage dealt as well as block it.

Lmfaocj

Reaction score
While I myself am not perfectly sure, others are much more knowledgable than I am.

You can try looking at this system made by Jesus4Lyf. It detects damage dealt and has the capability to detect the type of damage dealt as well as block it.

Lol, I guess I am screwed because I don't know anything about jass.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, there is no easy way of doing that, but of course it can be done with that system too :p

You just have to trigger every spell's damage yourself, that way you'll be able to know when you are dealt damage by a spell or an attack ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
or you use a buff placer in combination with every physical attack.

for example a dummy venom skill given to every unit.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
You could try the whole (Distance between Unit A and Unit B) / (Missile speed) and wait it out, but it'd be slightly unreliable if you've got either a long range or they start moving.

As a side note, for aesthetic purposes, try changing the floating text fading age to 4.00 seconds, rather than 5. If it only lasts 5 seconds, that action is pretty much useless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.