Record in window or fullscreen?

DrStyles

Reaction score
If I was going to record a game, would it be better to record it in windowed mode, or fullscreen? If window, maximized or restored?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Three things you must know:

1. How powerful your computer is.
2. How fast your hard drives are.
3. Do you have two or more hard drives?

If you were to record a game at fullscreen, if your resolution is high, it would look nice. There wouldn't be any sort of unneccessary visual themes around it.

If you were to record a game in Windowed Mode, the visual themes will be shown clearly in the video. Some programs even record applications that would pop out while you're recording, and causes the recorded video to showing up an application blocking the view of a portion of the game, rendering the video unacceptable.

Maximized and Restored (Original Aspect Ratio) would not affect much, and probably gives you more performance boosts from it, but I'm not so sure. It's somehow related to your monitor's current resolution.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the processing toll on the CPU and graphics card. Some people say that you need some powerful ones (for video editing), and some people actually suggested on increasing the available amount of RAM. It's your opinion on this matter that counts.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You would only have to worry about number one. How fast your HDD drives are, and how many you have, won't do enough to notice when recording the screen, provided you have enough room to store the data.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.