Taking icon requests

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Well said, and your right it means less work, which isnt frowned upon, its just a way of not having to minimize your image and lose quality over a border.

It doesn't mean less work, it means what you see is what you get. Drawing at the actual size is actually harder but the quality is better then drawing it larger and reducing it. Also yeah, drawing it inside the border instead of pasting the border over the top reduces the chance of the border giving it a bad crop and losing the edges that you may want in the image. I used to draw icons at a larger size when I first started but I found the results to be rather noobish and ugly.

Another trick that I find useful for making icons is that I draw them at gimps standard 72 ppi, which means when you deselect viewing the image dot for dot it gets larger and slightly blurred.... and when viewed in this way if any of the icon becomes blurred beyond recognition you can tell it is going to look bad in game.

F

fioderick

-done

btnartnerziw3.png

Msg to other volunteer iconists - Do the requests and post em here, not your own experiments! You'll learn faster if you try do someone else's idea rather then something already formed in your own head. Also re-colours and CnP is a good place to start, but if you don't try doing them free hand then you'll never really improve. If you think you can't draw truth is you probably can't... but with a love of creating cool things and a little persistance you can find that will change. Before long you won't remember the time when you couldn't draw a damn thing the way you wanted to, it'll flow right out of ya!

WOW! I wonder if you are good at modeling... are you?

F

fioderick

Sorry for DPing the edit button has a problem I think :confused:

Could you please change the view of the icon for me? :confused:

MurderMode

Reaction score
Sorry for DPing the edit button has a problem I think :confused:

Could you please change the view of the icon for me? :confused:

What do you mean change the view?

Yeah I'm good at modelling but don't have the right software for exporting warcraft models with correct animations... the software I have always stuffs it up sorry

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
dudes, can anyone make me an icon of these swords
1 A crystal Kathana(samurai sword)
2 this sword http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/thumb/f/fe/RedQueen.jpg/300px-RedQueen.jpg

3 this sword as well :p http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/iarm/DevilMayCry/Rebellion.jpg

I wloud really apriciate it

I made the first one, it doesn't resemble much as a samurai sword but its a sword none the less:

BTN:
BTNFrostingSword.jpg

DISBTN:
DISBTNFrostingSword.jpg

I call it the frosting sword, if you would like the other versions like ATT, ATC, PAS, and UPG just tell me and ill make em.

Attachments

• Frosting Sword.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 215

Deviruchi

Reaction score
can i request some icons again? im loving this thread soo much. im requesting some recoloring on these icons to resemble something:

A dark purplish colored Finger of Death icon - to resemble sludge
A greyish colored Vengeance icon - to resemble a demon
A yellow orangy Doom icon - to resemble a slow curse
and
A red yellowish Healing Ward icon - to resemble a evil ward

i'll give rep to the people who've done all my requests, today.. thank you

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Murdermode, I don't want to sound picky but can you make the mega slam icon look like there's a more powerful slam going on, Because my mega slam spell makes shock waves go out from the infernal in almost all directions.

thanks in advance.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Murdermode, I don't want to sound picky...

BLEARGH! seems like you want to sound picky to me :p

How about this then?

btnmegslam2sl7.png

An awesome method of getting the result you want first time is just through explaining any special requirements upon request, it keeps both of us happy. This was no big deal tho, I still had the original saved in multi-layers. So if it's still no good it shouldn't be a biggie to change it again

Attachments

• DISBTNmegslam2.tga
    12 KB · Views: 233
  • BTNmegslam2.tga
    12 KB · Views: 211

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I made the first one, it doesn't resemble much as a samurai sword but its a sword none the less:

BTN:
BTNFrostingSword.jpg

DISBTN:
DISBTNFrostingSword.jpg

I call it the frosting sword, if you would like the other versions like ATT, ATC, PAS, and UPG just tell me and ill make em.

Thanks!

troyboy

Reaction score
Hi there i need a few skeleton icons for my map.
Heres what i need.

-A basic skeleton upgrade icon.Something like a skeletal face with a up arrow or + next to it.
-A 'Summon Flaming Skeleton' icon.Just the 'Giant Skeleton Warrior' icon with flames i gues.

Thats all i need for now.

edit
note both these icons MUST have borders around them!

MurderMode

Reaction score
here's one down... skellie's are fun, I think someone should attempt the other

btnskelupam3.png

Attachments

• BTNskelup.tga
    12 KB · Views: 228
  • DISBTNskelup.tga
    12 KB · Views: 205

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Gimme a man in flame icon please...

That wasnt demanding =P.

Ill try it dude, but i suggest getting murdermode to do it, when it comes to fire i suck.

I Cant tell that its a man any suggestions on making him more... viewable?
ManOnFire.jpg

A Lil more visible.
ManOnFire2.jpg

Another with him more visible.
ManOnFire3.jpg

Tell me which one you want.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I did some simple recolors.
Haven't been active much lately, school is hell :|

Tell me the changes you want. Vengeance is already grey, so I didn't really do anything to it.
Enfeeble.jpg GrimWard.jpg SludgeFinger.jpg Vengeance.jpg SludgeFinger2.jpg

-->Did some quick work just now on the skull for fun on that last attachment.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Thats good CysticCraze but i need something more viewable as u say... Thanks

Knif3Point

Reaction score
i was wondering if some1 can make me an icon with 2 grey dog tags, kinda overlapping and the background the color of a multiboard background please!

+rep ALOT of it if u can hlp =]]

Prediter[BuB

Reaction score
Can I get an icon that looks like the mirror image ability but with a footman instead of the blademaster?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.