Terraining Contest 3! Starts May 10th.

Mullit

Reaction score
2-P said:
Jindo: If you think I shouldn't give feedback than say so. What I missed at the last terraining contest was that we didn't really gave the participants feedback, which should be a main point in a contest.

i think you should only give feedback at the end once the contest is over otherwise people will just keep updating their submissions with improvements.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
2-P said:
Darthfett: Trees on a stone cliff are a no-no. ;)

Thanks for the feedback :) . I did try to stay away from this, but I wanted it to look like a few of them were on the less slanted part of it, and look like they were almost hanging over the edge. I will get rid of a few more of them though. Thanks :)

R

robby_dobby

I've scraped my first warfield,but you can still see it on my website (http://www.freewebs.com/robbydobby123/)
DO NOT RATE THAT SCREENIE (i will say whuch is for this comp.)
my new one will include,
ridge with a rop bridge thing over it/waterfall(to the extreme!!) and loadds more.
mind you, this design is set in a rainforest in a mountain range!

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
My map is getting along quite good,i've filled the map and now on to doodading every square inch,you should prepare for 100's of screenies!
heres a sneak preview for now!
You can't really see it that much,but it's because it's just a lil' preview!
do not rate this one.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
@RODDYDOBBY: I would have killed you with feedback, but i can't :p

Jindo said:
As long as you're not a judge, I don't care what feedback you give (unless you don't do the map FOR them :p).

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
ok heres my mine, i might update with more screenies or improvements at a later date but this is it for now.

>sorry about the sky in the top right of my first pic

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
hehe,
now i've finished the map *yay* :D
And so theres a little story behind the map.

In the vast mountain range of Shinrak,tribal cults claimed the land as their own.They made paths and light torches to make a path,every 10 years they sacrificed to the god of water.They jumped off near a very large waterfall into spikes.After a while they made a statue to the god of the forest,Cenarius.

1000 years later,the night elves discovered the lost race and copied their beliefs,demon callers wore fur around their bodies and wolf skulls on their heads to show respect to the lost race.they made little defences and held back certain creatures,some of which were trapped and trained as guards.But after a large attack of orcs,they're bodies left to rot.

After a few centuries Humans overtook this land andmade a huge castle,bridges and torches.The land is haunted by the dark tribal spirits,and they pick off the human troops one by one.The humans corrupted this land,and they want it back...
expect the screenies on my website soon :D

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Mullit said:
ok heres my mine, i might update with more screenies or improvements at a later date but this is it for now.

>sorry about the sky in the top right of my first pic
Is that really the Dalaran sky? You know...
*cough* Photoshop is generally not allowed in Terraining (Contest). *cough*

Jindo said:
As long as you're not a judge, I don't care what feedback you give
You don't care in the sense of? :
-Not that I could stop you asshole. :mad:
-Yeah, go ahead. :)

Mullit

Reaction score

i dont really think it matters about the sky as its not terraining. it mearly sets the mood for the scene. also in the first post it says this
Extras: Anything extra included in the screenies will be rewarded with extra points.
jindo if you have a problem with me editing the sky please say and i will change the picture.

-Not that I could stop you asshole.
-Yeah, go ahead.

wtf?

> 2-P it would have been nice to get some feedback from you like you gave darthfett.

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
Ok theres 11 pictures of my work,in most pictures my sky is BAD.time to put them on my webbie,(look for terraining contest 3)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
ok so after looking at all of these, i opened the editor, thinking...yea...i can do this...then after 15 minutes of attempting to make a cliff with waterfalls coming down, and rocks at the bottom, i got disgusted and closed the editor...failure number 64

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Don't give up emjlr3! :D

Mullit: Everything is pretty far away, so it's hard to give you tips. The pictures are missing a fog. Your fog should always fit to the sky, so I suggest a light-blue fog for the first screenshot and a red-orange fog for the second.
Maybe some small, snowy rocks in the mountains. I really like the second screenshot, the sky adds a great atmosphere. ;)

Mullit

Reaction score
i alreaady tried weather effects for the first screenie but the map really isnt that big, i just scaled stuff down to make it look like a bigger map without all the work. so the weather effects look really bad, especially fog because it covers everthing up. i might ad another screeny of something else close up in a different part of the map.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
2-P said:

-Not that I could stop you asshole. :mad:
-Yeah, go ahead. :)

I said you could use/do ANYTHING for this contest, which is the one theme you don't like :p.

so yeah, use any graphics, models, skins to up the quality of your map :).

I don't care as in Yeah go ahead.. do what the hell you want :mad: :p.

(go ahead)

@ROBBYDOBBY: If your gonna put a load of screenies up, i suggest puttin them on your site, because:

I only link to the latest show of your screenies.
If you have loads at different places, then people will only see some of them.

Whereas if they're all on your site, not only will it link to the site so everyone can see them, but It will be easier for the judges to vote on them :).

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
ive just added another screenie to my pervious post. this ones a little closer up so you can see more detail, and it has a cool ice mage thats running into the cave.

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
A few screenies on my webbie,but please,dont drop my score because of the sky,i needed the clif height to be 14 for the massive ridge^^. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.