Trigger Challenge

U

Unregistered

Ok, I've got a bit of a problem/challenge here. I'm currently making a map that requires a complicated set of triggers. I'm actually not sure if it's even possible to accomplish what I want to do. But I'm thinking maybe someone has the answers I need or would care to give it some thought. So here's the problem.

In my map, there will be a possible 2-8 players (multiplayer). While playing, players will get units that will be unique, like hero's. They will be one of a kind. You can't have more than one of that specific unit. Those units that you get will be invincible. I need my map to work in such a way that after a specified unit kills a certain amount of other units (any unit at all) then THAT unit will die.

So that's the challenge. Anyone have any idea's for me? Or is it just plain impossible?

H

HELLSS

blek

You worded the last party kinda funky so...

What you want done is after a certain amount of kills of a unit, the hero unit is taken away correct?

If so that's entirely possible. make the following trigger:

For which player will this trigger execute?
player 1

Conditions:
- KILLS
'Player 1' kills ' at least 50' 'Zerg Hydralisks'

Actions:
- Remove all 'Jim Raynor (Marine)' for 'player 1'.

That will assomplish what you want... very simple. If you want it to be ANY unit killed than just change it to "any unit" instead of in the example zerg hydralisk.... you can customize the trigger elsewhere and add to it if you want of course.

perhaps setup a cinematic scene where the hero says something such as "i'm not needed here anymore" and a transport comes, loads him up and flys away.... blek blek. Would be kinda iwerd if the hero just went away all the sudden without a reason or something saying it is.

U

Unregistered

Actually that doesn't help. Maybe I did word it a little weird.

With what you described, "player 1" will lose the hero unit after "player 1" kills 50 units with ANY of his units. It has to be set so that the hero is taken away ONLY after the hero unit itself kills 50 units. That is the tough part.

K

Kuja9998

sheesh what a pointless needless complication

why in the world would it matter to such a extreme degree if it was player or unit.

omg just ajust your map to suit the limitations of staredit.

the only way i can think of to make that insanely needless complication to work is if blizzard upgrades staredit (like thats gonna happen) instead of kills how about you make it units gained. for example:

Conditions
Player x controls x of unit x

Actions
Display message: x
Remove all unit x for player x
no preserve tirgger unless you add a couple of switches to allow it to happen more than once

oh well good luck

kuja

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.