wallpaper! swordz

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
eh. i found an image on teh google search and decided to make a wallpaper with it using a flam3 render i found also...

Dustycopy.jpg

original flam3:
Dusty.jpg

original sword:
W_Andre_-_Sword.jpg

Edit:
WOWZOMGZ
i played around with hue&saturation and came up witha kind of awesome something-or-other. It looks pretty hard-core =D
v2:
Dusty3copy.jpg

EDIT:

i tried to make the sword more visible as well as addeing flow to the flame withe the sword render
v3:
Dusty4copy.jpg

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Try to add more to it, other than a flame and sword photo merge (of course you also added contrast and color too it though)

I think it looks pretty nice, but I think you should add more color and maybe lessen some of the darkness of the sword so you can actually tell it is a sword in the pic. (I didn't find out what it was until I clicked the other spoilers)

But other than that, it is fine.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
cool. The sword looks awesome.

(i'm a sucker for swords)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Only I who thought this looked horrible? :p :eek:

Imo the first version looked the best, but as Whitesock already pointed out: the sword doesn't blend into the flame.
The colors looked pretty boring to me. "Monotone", I believe it's called. :p
I also reckon the blue is much too bright.

Then again, it might be only me..

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
The 2nd and 3rd look terrible. :eek: (sorry if I am being harsh, but it isn't the right way to go... Maybe I could use "looks kind of bad" instead? Sorry!)

The only reason why I say this, is because it is way to chaotic. A more suttle thing would be suitable because it looks extremely filter whored otherwise. The differentiation looks really odd because it is contrasted way too much, and there is absolutely no depth when doing stuff like that because it might look flat.

I know, you might have wanted to achieve a psychedelic look, but it just looks really odd and unpleasing. ;)

But keep it up and you'll eventually get better. Remember, any filters that make it look really inverted or differentiated causing a total metamorphosis of the image, is naughty. (Especially intentionally, it can harm people's eyes :p ) But then again, art is different in different people's perspective and ya...

Keep trying to do more art, but try to read some tutorials and try your best to stay away from flame renders, because they usually end up looking terrible in the end if used in the wrong ways. :p

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
i guess so. although i did like 3 the best. i didn't use any filters - just adjustment layers. don't bother softening up smashing my stuff. honesty is the best policy (we don't hear that in school ever, now do we?). thx 4 comments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.