2 second stun dummy unit?

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Ive made an ablity using Roar that increases damage and stuns... however i dont know how to do the stun part.. do i need to create a dummy unit to do it? Or can I simply make the unit stunnable through triggers? Also Ive never used a dummy unit, so please explain in depth if thats how I have to do it.

Thanks in advance TH.net

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Hmm.. you need a dummy unit.
Put the units effected into a group. Then tell the dummy unit to stun the units in the unit group.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
wow that was fast, thanks. And how will i do that? I mean just "make <dummy> target unit of spell being casted upon and do <modified stormbolt>?

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Roar and stun, yes. Pick up every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Casting unit)
(Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of Owner of (Casting unit) Equal to True. Create 1 dummy at position of picked unit and order it to storm-bolt picked unit.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Add abilities: Locust and Invulnerable and give the model: Abilities - Tree Upgrade Ability

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Ty Pharaoh you always a help :)

...Crap... so whats the trigger to make the specified unit use the ability?...

CysticCraze

Reaction score
That was a big help but it doesnt explain how to make em use custom abilites >,<'

Sorry double post...

Vassilev

Reaction score
select stormbolt in your objects editor right click or CTRL + C then paste anywhere or CTRL + V. Voila, you have a new ability.

Make sure that the techtree dependencies - is false

and

Hero ability - False also

Edit whatever data fields you desire, finally. add this spell to the dummy unit in your trigger.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
To make them cast the spell look under the unit section for these,

Code:
Unit - Issue order targeting a point
Unit - Issue order targeting a unit
Unit - Issue order targeting no point

Then, choose the spell from the list of spells in the category your is under, and to cast it pick it's base spell.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Why make so many dummies and have to mess with a unit group when you can use either war stomp or inferno?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.