4 Skill Problems. Armour and meathook.

Phoenixman

Reaction score
Hey guys :D
im working on a Jurassic park: The hunted, in the members projects section and im trying to finish my first hunter, the slaver but ive come across some problems that i hope i can get help with :)

1. Armour reduction aura, how do i make a aura that reduces enemies armour? i cant find the right buff :(

2.Power hook.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-152465/?prev=search=meat%20hook&d=list&r=20

ive added this skill to my map, it works fine except for one problem. the hook can grab buildings and pull them to the hero, which is kind of useless considering if a human has a wall he cant hide behind it if the hunter can drag it 1000 ingame metres away from the humans :p

how can i make it so the ability only effects units? i actually want it to bounce back if it hits a building, a chain wouldnt damage a rock building would it etc?

3. Rescue hook.
same as the skill above, but its used on a friendly unit to pull them to safety. it can go OVER walls etc. but doesnt effect enemy units. also doesnt hurt the friend. :D

the human rescuer will have this skill to save his friends from death etc :)

4. both hooks been in the same map, while experimenting with the hooks i created 2 and gave them different skills, the problem is both skills would activate Both triggers. meaning the chain is launched twice.
how do i create the skill so i can have 2 hook skills at once.

i assumed that the hash table was to blame since they both use the same one?

Thanks in advance :) of course anyone who can help at all will get credits in the map :D id rather have a better made map because people have helped me then a worse made buggy map that i did alone :p

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Pheonix ill start with fixing them both now. Give them to you soon.

canons200

Reaction score
for the aura, go to your main editor, go to file, select preference, in the general, tick allow negative real value in object editor, then create an ability base on devotion aura, target allow tick enemy, set the armor bonus -amount.

what is hook? sry

HeX.16

Reaction score
Well for the hook i just found it a shitty spell so i found a better and much easier to change one sorry about that. If you really need to use that old one i guess ill modify it for you as for the armor i just changed devotion auras bonus to a negative and made it affect enemies and not allies.

Phoenixman

Reaction score
well ive already added that hook and its all GUI :p
i avoid jass because i dont understand it at all so cant edit it :p

if you could edit it id love you for it :p i mean even if i used a better hook its a good idea for me to learn how to edit the gui one aswell :)
every little helps etc :p

OOO i was close!
i made the devotion aura, but couldnt figure how to set it to negative, 0.00 was as low as it would go :)

Thanks for the fast help guys!
really life savers :)

i get the feeling ill be having alot of these questions over the next few months, ive got 10 hunters planned before i release the game :p

if your interested in giving me a hand and ill give you guys credit for writing spells more effectively in Quests and on start up :)
as i said before :p id rather have a better made map because people have helped me then a worse made buggy map that i did alone :D

HeX.16

Reaction score
That other meat hook is just so much harder to edit and stuff because he uses to many different conditions and stuff.

Phoenixman

Reaction score
hmm
the problem with that jass one is it does to much :p
and i wouldnt know how to edit its levels and ranges etc.
also :p
i need 2 seperate skills.

one that can grab allies and one that can grab enemies. not both because
the Human rescuer can grab the allies and not enemies, while the slaver can grab enemies with it :p
although maybe the slavers could be used to pull a enemy back from death but it cant hurt him :/

confused? me to :p

on the meathook im using atm i managed to make it ignore buildings but not treat them like a doodad, it went through the building and hit the human behind the wall xD
which isnt what i wanted :(

actually now im here ive always wanted to know, how does the pudge wars one allow the player to make the hook bigger, more range etc? like by buying items?
because that would make hunter items easier :p
or a upgrade they research that increases hook size etc :)

ideas?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Well its prob just a dummy item which does nothing but rather adds to a counter.
eg.
Range = 50*lvl of meat hook + XXX counter.
Something like this im guessing.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Well, in pudge wars what you want know is a little easy to explain..

just using condition, when you learn an ability, set X = X + 1

then in trigger of hook when you cast it, it will check the number of X and use in size/range/damage/etc

also jass ins't hard to edit, all the things which you can edit is at the top with the // and a comment in that line

people make spell easy to edit :p if you need any help with any edit in jass spell, just pm me

Phoenixman

Reaction score
dont suppose any of you loverly people who have the occasional time spare to answer questions have Msn?

i find that in this forum posts disappear really quickly :p

if i use the JASS version as my slavers skill. it can rescue the other hunter aswell as attack the human
but where do i edit the range per level etc? and the damage. and how the chain looks :p

if i do that then i just need a hook for the rescuer hero, who can save his friends.
i want it todo the opposite of the slavers skill.
it can only grab a friend, and it heals that friend for 100 health x level of skill. 4 levels

etc :p

there i think thats much easier to understand then my essay before :p

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
dont suppose any of you loverly people who have the occasional time spare to answer questions have Msn?
Yes, some people, like me, got a
im_msn.gif
icon in the line inside the cont post thing, just click it :rolleyes:

if i use the JASS version as my slavers skill. it can rescue the other hunter aswell as attack the human
but where do i edit the range per level etc?
is what i say, at the top of the spell you can edit it.

and the damage.
same like range

and how the chain looks :p
in dummy chain :D

if i do that then i just need a hook for the rescuer hero, who can save his friends.
i want it todo the opposite of the slavers skill.
it can only grab a friend, and it heals that friend for 100 health x level of skill. 4 levels

etc :p

there i think thats much easier to understand then my essay before :p

Well, to heal and just get friend, probably you'll need to edit the script of spell, what is a bit easy, because you just want to change some condition and some argument instead of damage just heal...

So easy :D

Phoenixman

Reaction score
do you mind if i add you? :p
probaly make my map be finished alot sooner if i dont have to wait 8 hours to get my question answered on here :p when i need it to continue :p
( i do alot of my working at very early hours on the morning) :p

HeX.16

Reaction score
Wow Laiev that was a great post. Completly showed how jass is better that gui.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Wow Laiev that was a great post. Completly showed how jass is better that gui.
Not really.... but jass is a bit more fast then GUI, a good example is.. What is more fast? You talk to me to me talk to Phoenixman or just you talk to Phoenixman without me? of course the second one :p

but has other side.... A good editor in GUI can make things which a 'normal' editor in jass can't do :p everything depends of the owner

dam gui haters :p
make me look bad ;)
I don't hate gui '-' gui are cutes and just fast to do :D

do you mind if i add you? :p
probaly make my map be finished alot sooner if i dont have to wait 8 hours to get my question answered on here :p when i need it to continue :p
( i do alot of my working at very early hours on the morning) :p

You can add me if you want :p no problem

punwisp

Reaction score
Hey guys :D
im working on a Jurassic park: The hunted, in the members projects section and im trying to finish my first hunter, the slaver but ive come across some problems that i hope i can get help with :)

1. Armour reduction aura, how do i make a aura that reduces enemies armour? i cant find the right buff :(

2.Power hook.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-152465/?prev=search=meat%20hook&d=list&r=20

ive added this skill to my map, it works fine except for one problem. the hook can grab buildings and pull them to the hero, which is kind of useless considering if a human has a wall he cant hide behind it if the hunter can drag it 1000 ingame metres away from the humans :p

how can i make it so the ability only effects units? i actually want it to bounce back if it hits a building, a chain wouldnt damage a rock building would it etc?

3. Rescue hook.
same as the skill above, but its used on a friendly unit to pull them to safety. it can go OVER walls etc. but doesnt effect enemy units. also doesnt hurt the friend. :D

the human rescuer will have this skill to save his friends from death etc :)

4. both hooks been in the same map, while experimenting with the hooks i created 2 and gave them different skills, the problem is both skills would activate Both triggers. meaning the chain is launched twice.
how do i create the skill so i can have 2 hook skills at once.

i assumed that the hash table was to blame since they both use the same one?

Thanks in advance :) of course anyone who can help at all will get credits in the map :D id rather have a better made map because people have helped me then a worse made buggy map that i did alone :p

Type in simply -1.00 or w/e value you want to put in. But remember how strong you make things, negative effects have lot stronger effect on units then positive ones.

Also if you want the aura to target enemies, simply go to something like storm bolt, and copy its targets allowed, and paste it on the auras targets allowed. Unless you want the aura to effect your units.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.