Gaming Addicted Gamer Sues Game-Maker, Says He is ‘Unable to Function’

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
-20 000- hours?!
That's over 2 years of his life spent on a game. Better have been good lol
Well, maybe that's why he's suing the game game maker.
He wants the money.. cuz he wants to play moar.

JerseyFoo

1/g = g-1
Reaction score
He has nobody to blame besides himself. That's like a fat person suing McDonalds.
McDonalds loads their food with so much fat and calories, purposely, that it creates an addiction. A biological need for their food which is of low quality, bad flavour, and isn't even cheap anymore.

Guess what costs more, a small Chicken Club meal at McDonalds, or a footlong BMT at Subway? The Club. There is no reason for people to be going to McD's aside from convenience, yet they still do. It's mind control.

This lawsuit is not silly, any corporation who's business model is addiction needs to be sued out of their ass. MMO's aren't fun, they create a false sense of success for people with generally unsuccessful lives, it's yet another addiction.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
MMO's aren't fun, they create a false sense of success for people with generally unsuccessful lives, it's yet another addiction.

I beg to differ, you obviously never played an online game like this or you wouldn't make a comment that's so blatantly media mind controling. I play Lineage and i played WoW before. And guess what, i quit when i wanted to. I played moderately and i had tons of fun. Just because people find some success in an MMO doesn't mean the game is bad, the fault is with them. The game maker clearly states in the manual that you should take it into moderation and rest between playing.
I'm sick of people badmouthing games for being bad when the fault lies with themselves. Chocolate creates a much greater sensation in the brain than a game and you don't see anyone calling that addictive.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
But you must acknowledge the fact that not everyone has the self-control of either you or me.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
But you must acknowledge the fact that not everyone has the self-control of either you or me.

Yes! Absolutely true, i've known people who got into the same game as me and spent days and nights of consistent playing. I'm just saying that it's not right to put all the blame on a game when there are still people who can take it in moderation and still have fun. Too bad that many people fail to do so, and then blame the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.