Adding Damage Through Triggers

Erkki2

Reaction score
The title tells everything. Is there any way to add a unit certain amount of damage for certain amount of time?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Buffs like inner fire can incereace units damage by some %. If you need, lets say +4 damage, you should use hidden item damage bonus ability.

You can add passive abilities to unit within spellbook, and hide them by disabling that spellbook.

You can have multiple levels of that ability, each giving more damage, then you can just use triggers to raise/lower ability level/damage.

Erkki2

Reaction score
That's how i did it, but it has some problems with other triggers. Here's my trigger:
Code:
Rage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Attacked unit) has buff Rage ) Equal to True
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Level of Rage  for (Attacked unit)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Increase level of Rage (+20) for (Attacked unit)
        Wait 5.00 seconds
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Level of Rage  for (Attacked unit)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Decrease level of Rage (+20) for (Attacked unit)
Rage is a hero ability with 3 levels. First gives 20 damage, second 40 damage and third 60 damage. The question is: Is it possible to add damage through triggers, without using abilities.

DiFm

Reaction score
well you can do like this.

You Check all units in group around unit Group

then you see if anyone has been damaged by Raged unit then you make raged unit deal damage to target.

cowmenace

Reaction score
the event unit is attacked comes long before the unit actually looks attacked which would destroy the effect of it dealing one big damage. I added a modified bash with 100% chance and X damage for my damage ability. and I'm assuming the attacked unit does not have rage, its the attacking unit (read over your trigger one more time) change all those "attacked unit"s to "attacking unit"s. and that loop doesn't do anything if rage only has 3 levels why is it there? and no without JASS you are stuck with abilities.

Erkki2

Reaction score
I'm assuming the attacked unit does not have rage, its the attacking unit
The basic idea is that attacked unit get's angry, and that's why it gains bonus damage, not attacking unit.
and that loop doesn't do anything if rage only has 3 levels why is it there?
Yes it does. If the level of the rage is 1, the level of rage (+20) is increased once, if the level is 2, rage (+20) is increased by 2 levels and if the level of the rage is 3, the level of the rage (+20) is increased by 3.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.